Airbrush Compressor

• fishingchallenged

For those of you that are painting lures with an airbrush… Is the compressor something that is particular? Meaning, I have several general purpose air compressors. Would they work and all I need to invest in is a good airbrush? Or do I need something that will regulate the air pressure to a level greater than a general purpose compressor?

Thanks!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I run my shop compressor. I got a secondary pressure regulator from northern tool that I just hook inline to turn my pressure down to 20_30 psi that I use otherwise uou could keep changing your on compressor regulator between brush pressure and air tool presaure if you wanted to. 3 years using it this way with no special filters or anything. I just keep my tank dry from moisture build up. Ive been happy with my iwata eclipse air brush.

munchy
    NULL

Clean dry regulated air is the goal. Doesn’t matter what compressor you use as long as it’s specs are capable of reaching or exceeding the specs of the tool.

If using a shop air compressor I’d recommend adding a regulator filter to the line just to make sure as little contaminants as possible reach the paint job. And draining the tank after each use to help get rid of moisture.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.