Accessories won't turn on 2011 Ranger 621VS

• Todd Lysfjord

Boat was plugged in at my dock and the master switch had been left on because I had just been fishing a couple days prior. Was going to head out tonight and heard bilge running when I came down. Unplugged boat and initiated start-up of the boat and that went fine. However, on my panel none of the accessories work…lights, nav lights, manual bilge switch, live wells, or graphs. Trolling motor works fine. Only the numbers and start/stop buttons will work.

I cut off the master power which stopped the bilge. Turned master back on and bilge began running again. Zero water bilging…just running and won’t stop.

Tried start up sequence numerous times with the master on and off and still unable to get any accessories to initiate.

Any help is appreciated!

Yellow Fever
    Kingston Ontario

So…first thing is to call Ranger, those keypads do go bad and possibly yours did. Last i looked they are a couple of hundred. Possibly a dealer has one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Make a video devil

munchy
    NULL

Before digging too deep I’d first figure out why your bilge is running and fix that, at the very least disconnect it during trpubleshooting. Then charge the battery fully and see if it fixes your keypad. Find fuses/breakers and check them. Easy things first!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Are you in the area where they received 3″ of rain?

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

That model year is notorious for keypad/brain box issues. Unfortunately there’s not much that can be done other than buying a replacement — Best to give Ranger Parts dept a call. They’re very helpful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.