798 locking up

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Can anyone help me, my 798 si keeps locking up. it loses gps signal and the power button doesnt work. I have to remove it from the base to shut it off. I do have 3 batteries in my boat all isolated (starting, trolling, everything else) My gen 1 helix 7 seams to work without issue wired to same battery.

also why does this unit want to read echo reading. last trip out it was reading 300+ fow when we were only in 10 fow. it kept zooming out on me. is there an update for this model and where can I get it? I had registered this unit on my account with humminbird but now I cant get logged back into my account

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Call Humminbird support and have them help you get into your account and figure out what the latest software update for 798 SI si. They are usually very helpful.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Hopefully it is just a software thing. But my guess is it is not. Power up the unit and restore it to default settings. This worked for a while on my unit to get it to read the right depth.

JAnderson

Could be a battery voltage issue or connection issue somewhere. These things tend to do weird things when the batteries get old and worn.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.