300 blk

• Hilltopper
    LaCrosse, WI

I need some advice. I have a 300 blk upper that is in need of some optics. It is used as an extra deer rifle by my son. Only used 2 days a year for deer hinting. It has a red dot optic on it at this time. I am looking for some help in a scope for it. Maybe something a little more wide angle with a smaller price tag. Utilized for 100 yards or less. Any Suggestions?

deertracker

What about just adding a magnifier to the red dot?
    DT

tornadochaser

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-1-4x24mm-illuminated-riflescope-pa14x

I do not own this specific scope, but get on any AR forum, and you’ll find that it’s hard to beat Primary Arms for budget optics. a 1-4 or 1-6 power scope is going to fit that AR well.

Go with the Primary Arms extended 30mm scope mount in the drop down menu on that page as well. I have 3 of those mounts and they are rock solid. Lap the rings, torque the screws, and you’ll have an excellent budget set up that will last for a long time.

garragelogic
    Wayzata, MN

I put a Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7×33 on my 300 and it works perfectly. Highly recommend for deer hunting.

grpubl7
    Central WI

Have tinker-toyed major numbers of lightweight 6.8PSC’s and stuck Leupold 1-4X hvy Duplex shotgun scopes on them. Perfect for as far as you can possibly pick a clean shot in a mature hardwoods and they go for 200 bucks on Ebay.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I would in my honest opinion go to fleet farm and but a vortex. You can get a very reasonable scope on sale for ball park of 100 bucks to 150.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.