24 volt trolling motor battery storage

• John M Bonwell

I have a 2003 Crestliner 1850 Sportfish. I am wanting to replace my old 12 volt trolling motor for a new Terrova 24 volt. My issue is with battery storage. The compartment on the center bow will only hold one group 31 deep cycle battery. Back left of that compartment is a live well and back right is another storage compartment. Is it OK to not put the two batteries side by side and have one wired up in another compartment? Anyone have a similar issue with battery placement and how did you deal with it? I am not interested in the added expense of lithium batteries.

Reef W

There’s no reason they have to be next to each other, it will just make wiring more difficult if they aren’t. If you don’t want to move/redo the wiring from the trolling motor to the battery compartment you could run the second battery back to the battery compartment and then use a “battery junction post” (googling that should work) to connect it to the trolling motor. Also remember to check that the wire you are using everywhere is the correct gauge for the length.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Consider a 24V lithium Marine battery??? $$$$$$ BUT 11 Year Warranty.

Dakota Lithium 24v 50Ah Deep Cycle LiFePO4 Single Battery

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.