2022 Clam Products

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I know Clam isn’t the biggest on this site but the new products have been released today. I got to spend some time at pro day playing around with things and there are a few nice things that I like.

The first and biggest change is the fish traps. The XT series features dual side doors and an extended front side that allows you to enter the shack without bending. It also allows for big hooksets while inside the shack. I really like this change.

The next thing is a slight mod to the extremely popular Pinhead Mino. Instead of lead it will be a Zinc alloy so basically tungsten. It is also machines now instead of molded so much more detail is on the new model.

The third cool thing is a completely new product called the stoplight bobber. It’s for deadstick setups when you are fishing outside and not near your Deadstick. It has a long stem above the bobber with LED lights. When the bobber is floating the LEDs are green, when it gets pulled under water it changes to green. Pretty cool.

Other than those three there are some small changes to lures, and clothing, a bunch of new accessories, a few new mid-high end rods, and a new high quality, fully waterproof glove. I only touched on the things I thought were really cool but in total there are 65 new products this season.

Attachments:
    1. 558090B6-4C7E-46AC-9BF4-AA813623B140.png

2. 5A298098-D897-4A75-ABDC-3EBC1A8A8126.png

3. DAF8AB71-A65F-4917-8E42-B296A42C2581.png

4. DAEF714A-A10E-4B48-9B9A-85036ACD1AAC.png

5. A2B50CF8-56C6-4A01-8F45-B71B1DF0646B.png

6. C5E717FD-3F0E-49F7-91E7-B49503B5BDF6.png

7. A032F9E0-4A1F-4258-818A-2F7DC4E2231F.png

8. E4851C6D-57D2-4754-A15C-04939F75A67C.png

Aboxy17

I got a couple of clam rods last year I got the 30-inch dead meat which was a great dead stick rod and also the Jason Mitchell Gen 8 which was a decent jigging rod that caught many walleye last winter. I have most of the baits in the CPT lineup the leech flutter spoon has been my best clam bait for walleye and the tikka minnow has been good as well. My all-time favorite for eyes last year was the Northland Macho minnow in the smaller size. Can’t wait for hard water szn but we got a lot of time until then.

Cam White

Do you have a link at all?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I guess none of these things really get the blood pumping. The shack seems behind on times. To many better options on the market, the pinhead minnows are awesome, the more detail I guess doesn’t matter to me, prolly nor the fish. And the dead stick meter I can never see being useful, pretty sure that’s what the rod tip is for. Or the float itself

This reminds me that I want a few more pin heads

Wildlifeguy

Seems everyone’s playing catch up on the Eskimo doors? I’ll stick with my Outbreaks, I guess? 8/25 on new Eskimo gear btw…

Red Eye

Seems everyone’s playing catch up on the Eskimo doors? I’ll stick with my Outbreaks, I guess? 8/25 on new Eskimo gear btw…

Do you mean side doors? Cause frabill had them a few years before anyone else if I remember right.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I guess none of these things really get the blood pumping.

That’s how I feel about ice fishing releases in general, besides electric augers and Livescope, most everything else is reinventing the wheel. Good to see them still innovating and pushing the envelope, I just don’t need it. Red hook on a deadstick and buckshot still out-fishes most everything else!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    I guess none of these things really get the blood pumping.

That’s how I feel about ice fishing releases in general, besides electric augers and Livescope, most everything else is reinventing the wheel. Good to see them still innovating and pushing the envelope, I just don’t need it. Red hook on a deadstick and buckshot still out-fishes most everything else!

Agreed. Pretty tough to come up with something totally new these days.

TMF89

I can see the bobbers being useful for wheelhouse fishing after dark. Could take the place of a rattle reel while you’re cooking or playing cards or something.

orve4

Honestly I love the Pinhead minnows especially during the summer for big blue gills. Once they move to deeper water or the weedline I like to use this bait to vertically jig them in the summer. Even switching the treble out for a single hook.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Do you mean side doors? Cause frabill had them a few years before anyone else if I remember right.

Not that it matters one iota but Eskimo had the side doors quite a few years before anyone else. When they first were released they didn’t catch on with anglers to the point that Eskimo discontinued them. A couple years ago Eskimo re-released their side door houses, consumer demand for side door houses caught up, and now side door houses are all the rage.

gonehunting

This is not specific to Clam but the MSRP values on these houses have increased substantially. As has everything else I know. Two years ago I picked up an X400 hub at the end of they year for $285. Yesterday I seen one at a local retailer for $580. I’m one of those who likes to try the newest and greatest but I’m pumping the brakes recently.

Aboxy17

The only reason I did not go with side doors on my new hub last year is I have gotten into a fair amount of ice camping and I prefer the square floor design better for tarps and then foam mats on top of that to cover up the whole floor. My Otter stays about 68 degrees with a standard buddy heater going on low with my camping setup. A fully covered insulated dry floor helps a lot to keep the heat in. Loved doing it last year and will do it more this year on Mille Lacs maybe Vermillion. The Eskimo outbreaks look awesome. Sad to say it but I am already getting excited for hard water.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This is not specific to Clam but the MSRP values on these houses have increased substantially. As has everything else I know. Two years ago I picked up an X400 hub at the end of they year for $285. Yesterday I seen one at a local retailer for $580. I’m one of those who likes to try the newest and greatest but I’m pumping the brakes recently.

Yeah it’s getting a little ridiculous the last couple years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.