2017 IDO Unofficial Deer Contest

• deertracker

It’s that time of year again. I will post the rules once I get to a computer but they will be the same as last year. Entry fee will be a $10 Fleet Farm gift card shipped to me by September 30th. I know this is after seasons open but teams of 3 are drawn random from a hat. This will be for whitetail and mule deer only.

James Ross
    1607 6th Avenue East #207
    Alexandria, MN 56308

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

Can’t wait for another year!

deertracker

Here are the rules for this years Contest:
    1) I will only accept pics taken in the field before the deer is field dressed, if that is not possible please use your best discretion and make them tasteful.

2) I will require pictures of the deer tags from the winning teams.

3) All entries must be submitted with a photograph of the deer in the “2017-2018 Deer Contest Results” thread along with your team number and state that the deer was taken in.

4) Any legal weapon may be used during their set season depending upon states hunted.

5) Any buck harvested by YOURSELF is allowed to be entered into the contest. If you shoot a buck enter it, if you happen to shoot a higher scoring buck for the contest enter that too and the higher scoring buck will be the one counted and added to your team score. Still only one buck counts towards your score, but I’m allowing people to enter multiple bucks if they end up shooting a larger one or hunt multiple states.(Each team member may still only count one buck).

6) Adult does (no fawns) only can be entered into the contest, except for youth AGE 16 AND UNDER.

7) Points will be awarded for each harvest as follows:

-Two does allowed per team- 5 points each.

-Any legal Bucks are worth an automatic 10 points plus 1 additional point for each tine 1 inch or larger. Please also post the measurement of the longest tine rounded up to the nearest inch. This will be added to the score to eliminate ties.

8) This contest is for whitetail and mule deer only.

9) Team members are not allowed to shoot Deer for each other.

10) Each team will consist of 3 members drawn randomly

11) Prize break down is 50% for 1st, 30% for 2nd and 20% for 3rd.

***Deadline to enter the contest is 09/30/2017.

**Deadline for Deer entries is February 1st 2018**

DT

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I’m in and will get the card in the mail next week. Thanks for doing this again DT!! toast

Ryan P
    Farmington

This sounds fun…Looks like I’ll have to add a Fleet Farm gift card to my Fleet Farm list. How many teams were there last year?

deertracker

An FYI for anyone who hasn’t done this in the past, you can order gift cards on their website and have them shipped to me for free.
    DT

deertracker

How many teams were there last year?

I think there were 7 last year but more the years before.
    DT

sticker

An FYI for anyone who hasn’t done this in the past, you can order gift cards on their website and have them shipped to me for free.
    DT

DT, how will you know who the gift card is from if we do this? It doesn’t appear to let you put any notes in.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I’ll try again, card on it’s way

deertracker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    DT

DT, how will you know who the gift card is from if we do this? It doesn’t appear to let you put any notes in.

People can just send me a pm with their real name. You don’t need to though. I know who you are….
    DT

sticker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sticker wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    DT

People can just send me a pm with their real name. You don’t need to though. I know who you are….
    DT

I’ll just buy one at the store and put it in an Old World Pizza box, then you will know who it’s from jester

deertracker

Or just put it in 2 acres worth of Grouse’s fall mix. Yes, I still don’t have my fall plots in. flame
    DT

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Blacktail deer don’t count?

deertracker

Blacktail deer don’t count?

Sure. I will also accept Sitka if anyone is traveling to Alaska.
    DT

super_do
    St Michael, MN

DT wrote:
    Sure. I will also accept Sitka if anyone is traveling to Alaska.
    DT

OK…Count me in then. Heading up mid November. FF card is on it’s way!

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

@mikekuhn, I got your card.
    Thanks, DT

(was supposed to be a thumbs up)
    Now I just need that big old boy to make a mistake this fall, he’s already made one showing himself in daylight (my dad saw him about a week ago). He’s been notoriously nocturnal year round the last three years.

Ryan P
    Farmington

I’m in and card is on its way!

prieser
    Byron, MN

Please sign me up. I will get the card coming soon.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Traded in whitetail hunting for elk this year. May not be around….didnt draw a mulie tag.

Would love to see this guy again

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8310.jpg

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

My card will be in the mail tonight.

sticker

Card went in the mail yesterday, sorry there wasn’t any pie left from old world to send along doah

prieser
    Byron, MN

Gift Card Sent today. Thanks DT for getting this put together again this year.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.