1990 Lund 1600 Angler value opinion

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Pretty mind boggling how much variance for find on the ole inner web for boat values there is. Anyways, looking for some serious opinions on this.

Long story short – my mother gave her 1600 Angler/shorelander trailer/Johnson 40hp to my brother. His health issues prevented him from doing anything with it. The cover rotted away and consequentially, so did the interior. Luckily he had all the seats and removable stuff in the house. He passed, boat went to my niece, too much work to do and she has two other boats so it came back to me.

Now, I have it all stripped down in my barn. Trying to put a reasonable value to it as it sits. Needs new trailer tires, all interior plywood/carpet, some hardware, batteries. I would change trolling motor and electronics if I kept it. no major dings/dent or signs of being beaten up. Ballpark $$$ on materials to refinish as I’m thinking is about $1,575.00

So, thoughts on value if I did nothing and sold it as a project boat?? (Please don’t laugh) anyone with a legitimate value idea if I finish it? Ive seen asking prices so inflated and all over the place. I don’t know what anything in this size/type/make has sold for.

Deuces

My dad bought one exactly like this couple years back and fixed it up himself. Heck of a 16′ boat. I had it in my backyard for awhile but never got to it.

Think he got er for $800. With as much as had to be put in it evened out well. Wouldn’t have payed a dime more myself

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I would fix it up. After last years boat market it could fetch $5000 if it was all done and the motor ran good.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d say around $1k as a project boat, and depending on motor/tm/electronics $3-5k if refinished.

matt

As is-depends on how the engine runs or doesnt run?boat leak?trailer bearings/lights?transom?wireing?$500-$1000.Fix yourself-3000$-$4000.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks guys, pretty much confirms what I was thinking. I saw a couple listings for over 6K and was in disbelief. But that is asking – not actual selling price. Thinking with my time, I’m at 2500 or so into it. For that, makes for a relatively inexpensive winter boat to have. the 40hp is way under powered in my opinion on this, but would work for my needs.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Thanks guys, pretty much confirms what I was thinking. I saw a couple listings for over 6K and was in disbelief. But that is asking – not actual selling price. Thinking with my time, I’m at 2500 or so into it. For that, makes for a relatively inexpensive winter boat to have. the 40hp is way under powered in my opinion on this, but would work for my needs.

Randy, I think you found yourself your new career path. Find project boats, fix them and sell them. Probably make $2/hour,,,,,,,

Hahaha, HRG

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

Randy, I think you found yourself your new career path. Find project boats, fix them and sell them. Probably make $2/hour,,,,,,,

Hahaha, HRG

Better than $ -2.00/hr

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.