13 Fishing Reel Bands

• SconnieFib

I just purchased my first rod without a reel seat, and I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the 13 Fishing Ice Reel Anchor Wrap? I would like the ability to swap reels on the fly, and I would also like to protect the cork from the memory of normal castration bands. Any feedback?

https://www.amazon.com/13-FISHING-Reel-Anchor-Bands/dp/B091NT7BLX

Chris Norlock

Mine should arrive this week or next I will let you know

MX1825

I just wrap with friction tape.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I wrap mine with masking tape then electrical tape over that. Masking tape protects the handle from the electrical tape. I never could find rings tight enough to keep my reel from tilting off the handle when fighting a decent fish.

Chris Norlock

Tape is not an “on the fly option” as the OP wanted.. tried tape pain in the a$$ switching reels with it

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Read over that part. My bad.

Mike
    Eyota MN

I got some of the ice vise just the other day. They seem solid but were not fun to put on !

vinella

I got some of the ice vise just the other day. They seem solid but were not fun to put on !

You need one of these…

Mike
    Eyota MN

I have one a the cold snap ones for the smaller bands like that but It didn’t work at all for the thicker ice vise ones. One a them would be helpful for the thicker ones !

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Castrations bands want to roll off the reel base for me, I’ll be curios to hear what you think. Looks to me like Ice Vice are just pretty castration bands aren’t they?

maddogg

I put one wrap of masking tape around the handle the wrap the reel on with electricians tape it’s on solid no movement.

gonehunting

I put a wrap of hockey stick tape around handle. Position the reel and then use electrical tape. The hockey stick tape is available in multiple colors and does not leave a glue residue.

Mike
    Eyota MN

The ice vise look really similar to the 13 ones there thicker and won’t roll like the bands.

jim Van Schoick

Has anyone tried self-fusing silicone tape

I have for other applications and really like this tape

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

My bad, I thought the above band picture were ice vice. Looked them up and they are pretty much like the 13 ones.

Chris Norlock

I just purchased my first rod without a reel seat, and I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the 13 Fishing Ice Reel Anchor Wrap? I would like the ability to swap reels on the fly, and I would also like to protect the cork from the memory of normal castration bands. Any feedback?

https://www.amazon.com/13-FISHING-Reel-Anchor-Bands/dp/B091NT7BLX

Bands work awesome, easy install and have a nice grip to them. Fit my widowmaker and JM meat stick perfect

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.