1 lbs propane bottles

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

I was at menards today and seen that a company is making refillable 1 lb propane bottles. Way to expensive I think as I have been filling the other bottles for years.

Attachments:
    1. 7EC9FC7E-3FD4-4112-8324-A9F9C8D86BBB.jpeg

2. 53EBC4C8-78A2-4E2A-8C84-447C6E71492C.jpeg

traumatized
    eastern iowa

That stand looks nice. I’d like to get just the stand and use the mu old cylinders.

riverruns
    Inactive

Well I hope at that price no one buys this product. WTH? doah

B-man

Let the lawsuits begin….

There are a lot of things the average Joe shouldn’t do….this is one of them

eyeguy507
    SE MN

That’s a moneymaker……maybe?

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Those have been out for at least 5 years now. I remember looking at them when they were just a little cheaper online and decided to go with the 10 lb tank instead.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

One of the problems with these tanks is they are a little bigger than the disposable ones. That could be a problem with somethings like my auger. Just put a cap on the disposable tank if you decide to refill them.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

One of the problems with these tanks is they are a little bigger than the disposable ones. That could be a problem with somethings like my auger. Just put a cap on the disposable tank if you decide to refill them.

What do you mean by cap?

I’ve not had very good luck refilling disposables. Valves don’t seal very good on half em, not a fan of rust on flamable items either. If these new expensive refills have better components I’d be buying some.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

They do have better components. If you look at the picture you can see the cap (top) on the tank. That seals the end and helps prevent the valve from leaking. Don’t throw that away. It needs to go back on the tank every time it is not being used. The 1lb disposable tanks valves normally don’t reseal well. So you have to cap them after refilling them just like these.

gator800r

people would love to pay that price now! Im glad I bought 5 when I did but now wish I had bought 10. Can’t find these anywhere the last few years. I paid the $14 for the convenience and these things have paid for themselves already. Can’t believe the price of the #1 grenades. Crazy

deertracker

We have another thread going on these. I gladly just paid $18.99. They are hard to find!
    DT

Tlazer

Just to let everyone know. Scheel’s have these in stock right now for $19.99. I just ordered a few and being shipped for free. They limit the quantity to 5 bottles per order.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Thanks for the heads up.

I just ordered 4. They should be here early next week

fingers crossed…

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

If you can’t fill a green bomb you won’t be able to fill these. Learn how to do it right. Never touch the stader needle (sp?) relieve pressure from the top and use a scale. Ton of online videos

3Rivers

If you can’t fill a green bomb you won’t be able to fill these. Learn how to do it right. Never touch the stader needle (sp?) relieve pressure from the top and use a scale. Ton of online videos

It’s not just that, these FK tanks are just plain built better, they don’t rust and will last a long time.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

That has been debated on this site for years. Be careful, do it right, and you’ll be OK. Use common sense, you’ll know if something is wrong.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.