yamaha 2010 F75 outbourd service

• kfrj01
    woodbury,mn

Any suggestions on a good yamaha repair shop near woodbury minnesota? Is frankies in chisago good or would it be worth the trip to skeeter boat center in chippewafalls wisc.I have a squealing noise I here after coming off of plain.And would like to replace water pump/impeller and have a general once over by a 5 star yamaha mechanic. Thanks in advance for the help.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I have a Yami dealer five minutes from my door, but I did drive the two hours to SBC in Chippewa Falls because of the quality of service.

On your 75, is it a higher pitched sound? Maybe a bearing or pulley?

FDR

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds like the same noise my 08 makes. Have heard the same from a number of other guys to.

Bryan Myers

More than likely the squeeling is coming from a bushing in the mid section, that’s normaly what it is. It’s not a big repair and we do have special grease designed for it at both SBC locations. However it is a good idea to have it checked over to make sure it’s nothing more than that, and it is the perfect time to put an impeller in while the gearcase off.

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

A friend of mine had a 3 year old problem with his Yamaha F115. He had taken it to multiple dealerships and thrown many new parts and $$$ at the problem. I researched to locate a mechanic. Ended up with Hallberg Marine in Wyoming. It took them awhile BUT they solved the problem (it was the Idle Air Control Valve). The motor has run perfectly since.
    I believe the Tech’s name was Jason Benedict, he carried the highest rating for Yamaha Techs “Master Technician”.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/dealer-locator/results?zip=55125&products=outboards&cid=1409232102

kfrj01
    woodbury,mn

its not a loud noise sounds like a belt slipping on an automobile.I like the idea of SBC in chippewa falls but they close at 5 PM are not open on saturday per there present web sight. I would need to take vacation time to drop of /pickup

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

@kfrj01

We can pick up your boat from your location if ya’ need a hand. We’re always going between stores if you are interested just give Tony at the Ramsey store or Eric at the Chippewa Falls store a call next week and we’ll be happy to help!

http://www.skeeterboatcenter.com

Dean

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

its not a loud noise sounds like a belt slipping on an automobile.I like the idea of SBC in chippewa falls but they close at 5 PM are not open on saturday per there present web sight. I would need to take vacation time to drop of /pickup

Like Dean mentioned, give one of us a call. We can either set up an after hour drop off and pick up or get something figured out for getting the boat.

Sean Reames

You can feel free to drop your boat at our Chippewa falls location after hours if you like. We also have a technician that has attained yamaha’s highest rating of master tech.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Sounds like the same noise my 08 makes. Have heard the same from a number of other guys to.

Six years already? I bet the old motor you had for three years felt like six years.

kfrj01
    woodbury,mn

Ok guys that sounds like a great plan. I will call SBC after the holiday weekend and make some type of arrangement. Check this out,SBC is already giving great customer service and they have not even looked at my boat. Dean ,Eric Sean I will call . Thank you for the help,Jerry

mm724
    MN

More than likely the squeeling is coming from a bushing in the mid section, that’s normaly what it is. It’s not a big repair and we do have special grease designed for it at both SBC locations. However it is a good idea to have it checked over to make sure it’s nothing more than that, and it is the perfect time to put an impeller in while the gearcase off.

My 75hp 2008 started to do it this summer. Not real loud but noticeable.

Bryan Myers

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bryan Myers wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bryan Myers wrote:</div>

My 75hp 2008 started to do it this summer. Not real loud but noticeable.

Its generally more noticeable after a hard run when the driveshaft gets really hot and swells up just a little. Its just an annoyance more than an issue but if your trolling or idling it could drive a man crazy! But it is a easy fix as long as it is just the driveshaft bushing, which 98 out of 100 times that’s what it is.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Bryan-

I have a 2004 F115 that once in a while, not at idle, but maybe when it is just put in gear… as you said, usually after a run, makes this noise. Yes, it is concerning, and annoying.

I’m in Racine, WI and have no dealer around here I trust. Maybe this winter, I can get up to SBC for a check up. Good excuse to go to Red Wing, and in the winter I can make a while I wait appointment, or drop it for a day, if avail?

I changed the water pump this spring… so I’m not worried about pulling the lower unit.

Where is this bushing, and any help on the lube I should use? Sure would like to try your fix and buy some time before a real check-up this winter.

Chuck

Attachments:
    1. F115-blowup.jpg

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Bryan-

I have a 2004 F115 that once in a while, not at idle, but maybe when it is just put in gear… as you said, usually after a run, makes this noise. Yes, it is concerning, and annoying.

I’m in Racine, WI and have no dealer around here I trust. Maybe this winter, I can get up to SBC for a check up. Good excuse to go to Red Wing, and in the winter I can make a while I wait appointment, or drop it for a day, if avail?

I changed the water pump this spring… so I’m not worried about pulling the lower unit.

Where is this bushing, and any help on the lube I should use? Sure would like to try your fix and buy some time before a real check-up this winter.

Chuck

If you look at the picture you posted of the lower unit, the bushing will contact the drive shaft slightly lower than where the number 43 is. You should see a slightly polished spot on the drive shaft from it. The grease we use is right from yamaha. Its Yamaha WR 2 grease.

As far as getting an appointment. Usually as long as we have a couple days notice we should be able to do a same day appointment while you wait without an issue.

Give that a try and let us know if it solves the issue.

Chuck Melcher

I am a bit envious of anyone living close to the SBC center…..

Called there to order the grease, figuring why order from some random web site when the assistance came from the SBC team in the first place. Non other than Eric himself picked up the phone and took my order. After a short conversation we had, and when the tube gets here, I’ll be off to hopefully fixing the noise.

I’ll definitely go out of my way to have them check the motor this winter. If only I could afford one of those very cool new boats…. I’d be a customer there for sure!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I am a bit envious of anyone living close to the SBC center…..

Called there to order the grease, figuring why order from some random web site when the assistance came from the SBC team in the first place. Non other than Eric himself picked up the phone and took my order. After a short conversation we had, and when the tube gets here, I’ll be off to hopefully fixing the noise.

I’ll definitely go out of my way to have them check the motor this winter. If only I could afford one of those very cool new boats…. I’d be a customer there for sure!

Was a pleasure talking with you. Glad we could help out.

With that said even if you dont own a skeeter or even a yamaha we are more than willing to help out. We can service pretty much and make or model boat or motor, with highly trained techs for all brands.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

SO I need to drop the lower unit on mine and change the water pump impeller. Guessing this would be the time to grease that part on mine?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

SO I need to drop the lower unit on mine and change the water pump impeller. Guessing this would be the time to grease that part on mine?

that would be the best time to do it. Make sure you do it after you put the impeller on though otherwise it will wipe off all the grease.

kfrj01
    woodbury,mn

Once again I would like to thank Eric and SBC for the prompt service on my F75 Yamaha.I live approximately 1 hour away from SBC and will not hesitate to bring my boat back. They also found that the dealer which installed my Yamaha neglected to install the water/fuel filter.

Bryan Myers

Bryan-

Chuck

Chuck I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner but I’m glad Eric got you set up with some WR2 coming your way. And the trick to really greasing that bushing is to use a shotgun cleaning rod and mop covered in WR2 to really get the bushing greased up. That is the best away we have found to quiet that bushing down.

Also thanks for the kind words about SBC we strive hard to do our best to help wherever and whenever we can. And if we can help you anymore or give your boat a check up this winter, it would be our pleasure. Thank you and good luck!

Chuck Melcher

I know it has been a while, but got the Yamaha grease Eric and guys at SBC center sent out. Dropped the lower unit and applied to the two areas where the bushings rub. I’ve had a couple runs on the motor where it was ran long enough that it would have been hot, and made the noise… nothing, problem solved. Less than a half hour in the garage.

Thanks guys!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.