WI DNR Seeking Feedback

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We need your feedback!

The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources would like your ideas about the conservation and management of Wisconsin’s fish and wildlife resources now and into the future.

We are currently updating two important conservation plans – the Wildlife Action Plan and the Fish, Wildlife, and Habitat Management Plan. Updates will act as a blueprint as the department continues to manage and protect fish and wildlife resources over the next ten years.

These plans must be completed in order to receive important federal funds that directly support healthy, sustainable fish and wildlife populations and their habitats, and provide outdoor recreation opportunities in the state.

But, we need your help! Please take this 5-10 minute survey – it will be open for participation until midnight on Friday, Nov. 14th. Please note that your privacy is important to us and your individual responses will remain strictly confidential.

To take the survey, follow the link above or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser: http://22.selectsurvey.net/DNR/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=88KK8pm2.

For more information, visit dnr.wi.gov and search keyword “wap10year.”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Did anyone else complete this survey?

I received and email last night from a WI Biologist that wanted to discuss my reply. Of course I attached my name to it which was optional.

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

I believe I completed it I remember doing it, however I must not be smart enough to receive an email.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

LOL! I’m going to guess “smarts” has nothing to do with getting an email. )

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

I completed it. I can’t recall if I left my email or not. Would be interesting to get the follow up.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I did.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Did it today-thanks for the heads-up BK!

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

Yes I did it earlier

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Thanks all!

I was speaking to
    Benjamin Heussner
    Fisheries Biologist – Water Division
    Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources

earlier today. We talked about some catfish regulations that WI had. Specifically why the Lac LaBelle was closed to Flathead fishing all year.

Turns out they are using the flats to help control white sucker, red horse and carp (to name a few) in that body of water. I think his words were “optimizing the resources to control the over population of rough fish”. That’s not an exact quote but what I got out of the conversation.

Turns out he’s on the WI DNR’s Catfish Board, Group or Workshop. I’m not sure what it’s called.

Either way. Thanks for filling out the survey. I didn’t take very long and it sure beats the ‘ell out of complaining on line.

PS if you feel they are doing something well, might want to add that as well. )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.