Whisky and Whiskey

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Any and all comments about whisky welcome

Was recently out hunting in South Dakota right on the banks of the Missouri River. Love it out there. Always have a good time seeing the wildlife cruising the gravel roads and hitting some local watering holes.

I came across a whisky I really liked called Bearface. It’s a Canadian whisky, dang smooth, slightly sweet.

Anyone try it before?

Anyway, can’t find it anywhere around here after quite a bit of looking. But I came across a website called Whisky and Whiskey and looks like they specialize in shipping liquor. Has anyone used this website before?

If you have any other good whisky suggestions that is welcome too

Coletrain27

Have you talked to any of your local stores? It might be something that they can special order through their distributors for you. I have never seen that brand before

Charles

Its a slipper slope with whisky, you might evolved into a scotch drinker.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Whiskey is such a open term for various liquors. Bourbon, Rye, Scotch, Irish Whiskey, Canadian Whiskey, Ect. I myself love Irish and Canadian Whiskey’s but am not a fan of Bourbon or Scotch. Several of my Favorites are Redbreast, Tullemore DEW, Forty Creek, and JP Wishers. I’ve also been know to drink some Crown and Pendleton. I recently Tried the Pendleton Midnight and really liked it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Nope. Drink a Ton’s of Whiskey, and don’t like Scotch. Yuck !!!

lindyrig79

Have you talked to any of your local stores? It might be something that they can special order through their distributors for you. I have never seen that brand before

I have talked to a couple, no dice

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I came across a whisky I really liked called Bearface. It’s a Canadian whisky, dang smooth, slightly sweet.

I see that the liquor store here in Sauk Rapids sells Bearface. I may have to stop on my way home and see if they have it in stock and give it a try.

The Bearface web site has a place you can search places in your area that should sell or at least get it. Its showed 3 in the Saint Cloud area

lindyrig79

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

I see that the liquor store here in Sauk Rapids sells Bearface. I may have to stop on my way home and see if they have it in stock and give it a try.

The Bearface web site has a place you can search places in your area that should sell or at least get it. Its showed 3 in the Saint Cloud area

Huh, I checked the Bearface website and thought it didn’t show anything within 100 miles. I’ll have to look again but ya if you like Forty Creek and Pendleton I’m sure you’d like Bearface.

ThunderLund78

I have a hard believing Total Wine wouldn’t have it, I will look next time I’m in there and that will be soon!

lindyrig79

I have a hard believing Total Wine wouldn’t have it, I will look next time I’m in there and that will be soon!

Totally agree. In fact I saw it online and looked like Total Wine had it. My father-in-law said the same thing and so I drove there yesterday specifically for it. Turns out they didn’t have it and I had an employee search for it in the system and he said there wasn’t a Total Wine within 100 miles that had it. I was disappointed.

(But I still took the opportunity to load up on other things since I don’t have a Total Wine close to me)

Charles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>

Nope. Drink a Ton’s of Whiskey, and don’t like Scotch. Yuck !!!

LOL Scotch, YUM!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Whiskey is such a open term for various liquors. Bourbon, Rye, Scotch, Irish Whiskey, Canadian Whiskey, Ect. I myself love Irish and Canadian Whiskey’s but am not a fan of Bourbon or Scotch. Several of my Favorites are Redbreast, Tullemore DEW, Forty Creek, and JP Wishers. I’ve also been know to drink some Crown and Pendleton. I recently Tried the Pendleton Midnight and really liked it.

We must have the same taste pallet. Irish & Canadian whisky for me. I got a bottle of the Pendleton Midnight last year for Christmas. Its very good. Fingers crossed for another this year.

I’ve never been a fan of bourbon but, one of my buddy’s is really into the Bourbons and its growing on me with the concoctions he’s whipped up over this last year.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

LOL Scotch, YUM!

Me too. Such variety.

Just opened a Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 YO. Wonderful.

A little bird told me that Santa is bringing me a Highland Park 18 for Christmas. Yay Santa! I have been to the Highland Park distillery twice and it is something to behold. Getting there, as they say, is half the fun.

In general, I have found most of these new craft-distilled American whiskies to be disappointing and they quickly are relegated to the minor leagues of use for things like soaking the Christmas cake and for whisky custard for the Christmas pudding. However… Brother Justus Cold Peat filtered is shockingly good for a craft distillery whiskey. Completely drinkable.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Not gonna happen here. I like many kinds of whiskey, but scotch does not make the cut.

Charles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>
    LOL Scotch, YUM!

Me too. Such variety.

Just opened a Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 YO. Wonderful.

A little bird told me that Santa is bringing me a Highland Park 18 for Christmas. Yay Santa! I have been to the Highland Park distillery twice and it is something to behold. Getting there, as they say, is half the fun.

In general, I have found most of these new craft-distilled American whiskies to be disappointing and they quickly are relegated to the minor leagues of use for things like soaking the Christmas cake and for whisky custard for the Christmas pudding. However… Brother Justus Cold Peat filtered is shockingly good for a craft distillery whiskey. Completely drinkable.

Balvenie is great stuff, I am going to have to check out the Highland Park.

Jimmy Jones

Rochester is finally getting a Total Wine. Not certain when, but it’s coming.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Is this the one you are looking for ?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2523-scaled.jpeg

lindyrig79

Yes it is! Where did you find it??

lindyrig79

I read your post above and called St Cloud liquor. The guy who answered said he didn’t have it but then went to check and he did. He said 33.99 a bottle.

Thanks FishThumper!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

Yes it is! Where did you find it??

They have a good supply at the Municipal Liquor Store in Sauk Rapids. Looking forward to picking up a bottle to try on my next stop there. I ended up picking up a bottle of the Pendleton Midnight instead this stop

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I read your post above and called St Cloud liquor. The guy who answered said he didn’t have it but then went to check and he did. He said 33.99 a bottle.

Thanks FishThumper!!

Looks like the liquor store in Sauk Rapids is a few $ less. Their price was 29.99

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

Find Bearface

found this for you lindyrig... good luck!!

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

look up bearface whiskey and the web site has a locator there…

mojo

I’ve been searching for a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 or 17 year old for months, was hoping to have it in time for a Christmas gift.
    If anyone knows of a relatively local source, I would be grateful.

Deuces

Me too. Such variety

Try this one yet FG? Forgot I took this pic last winter out in Silverthorne, CO.

Irish guy here, but don’t discriminate too much. The whiskey sour at brick and bourbon last night was tasty.

Attachments:
    1. 20230316_172935-scaled.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

thought of this thread…….wife went to st cloud…… stopped at cashwise liqour…..guy in front her had 1 bottle of something….rang up to $248.00 :doah: holy hannah datz some spendy hootch!!!! she didnt know what it was other then thye had to go to the back room to get it. apparently its not on the shelf!!!

EPG…..where you in st cloud today!!!!! :devil: :rotflol:

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I wasn’t but might need to take a run up there to see what they be keeping on them shelves. :waytogo:

ThunderLund78

Out of curiosity I looked in the Canadian Whiskey section of Total Wine a couple days ago, and sure enough, didn’t find Bearface – I had actually never bought Canadian Whiskey there before – it took me forever to find the aisle, it wasn’t by the bourbon or American Whiskies, it was next to the Brandys. That place usually has everything but I was disappointed by the very small selection they had for Canada Whiskey, period. Plenty of Lord Calvert and that’s one devil I’ll never dance with again…

lindyrig79

Thanks everyone. EPG I hope you enjoy it!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.