Not since the late 60’s – early 70’s

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

have I seen college protests like these. I understand why they are protesting but the destruction and violence isn’t needed. These will get worse until Hamas agrees to the latest cease fire proposal. If they don’t Garza will get blasted again.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Handle them the same way they did back then. Hickory shampoo and water cannons.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn some of these people are profession protesters hired to stir things up. Those breaking into buildings need to be arrested and hit with large fines. There is no place for destruction of public property.

Karry Kyllo

It’s definitely not the same as the Vietnam War protests in the 60’s and 70’s but while I don’t condone damage to property, I find it refreshing in a way that college age kids care enough about a world issue to protest the actions of our government. Maybe there is still hope for our country.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There are definitely a fair amount of them that are not students. Just there to cause trouble and stir the pot. No different than any other protest.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Seems most of these students don’t fully understand the cause they are supporting…. doah

-J.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

This is definitely NOT like the Vietnam protests of the 60s and 70s. None of these protesters is going to get drafted and sent to Gaza to fight and die and none of them have friends doing the same.

The Israeli/Palestinian conflict can’t be solved and it certainly cannot be solved by simply throwing support behind the other side. In a thousand years they will still be fighting over this piece of desert, just like they have for the previous thousand years.

MX1825

This is definitely NOT like the Vietnam protests of the 60s and 70s. None of these protesters is going to get drafted and sent to Gaza to fight and die and none of them have friends doing the same.

The Israeli/Palestinian conflict can’t be solved and it certainly cannot be solved by simply throwing support behind the other side. In a thousand years they will still be fighting over this piece of desert, just like they have for the previous thousand years.

Yep!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The only comparison to Viet Nam was the number of schools involved and the size. The reason for the protests certainly is different.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Seems most of these students don’t fully understand the cause they are supporting…. doah

-J.

This…
    Monkey see monkey do.

CaptainMusky

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn some of these people are profession protesters hired to stir things up.

Notice the encampments they all have the exact same tents? This is being backed by Soros and others you can bank on it. They have interviewed many of the protesters and they dont even know what the heck they are trying to support.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe they were shouting “death to America!” back in the 60’s and 70’s. How soon before these get violent?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe they were shouting “death to America!” back in the 60’s and 70’s. How soon before these get violent?

There was a TV piece on this morning from one of the colleges in Florida. Whoever the law enforcement guy was he stated something to the effect of ” this isn’t a daycare. These are adults and know exactly what they are doing and what laws they are breaking. They will be dealt with accordingly.” applause applause

CaptainMusky

Florida is how the entire US should function when it comes to stuff like this.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

“Marxists characterize every relationship as oppression. In their fu&^@*% up world, there is always an oppressor and the oppressed. So even if the “weaker” party, in this case the Palestinians, bring it upon themselves with attacks like Oct 7, the stronger party, Israel, is the oppressor, the bad guy, and is always at fault no matter what. That and old fashioned anti-Semitism”

marxist = commie

glenn57
    cold spring mn

its my understanding they are protesting to stop doing business with Israel until the conflict stops??????

bet there’s some awfully proud parents out there paying for tuition for kids getting suspended??? doah

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The best one I saw on TV to date. Gal holding a sign saying “Queers For Palestine” Being “queer” in a Muslim country will get you jailed at a minimum. But more likely killed before being arrested.

-J.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We could have all ~330 million American citizens of all ages protest this, and as Grouse alluded to these people will continue to fight over this barren land in the Middle East. Some college protests don’t move the needle one bit or make the slightest impact to changing the situation. Any politican that uses the word “sollution” immediately loses credibility. There’s no solution to people who are willing to die fighting for something that we are not connected to.

At this point I wish the United States would solely fund Israeli’s defense system (like the Iron Dome) and remind Israel every single day that although they are considered our ally, our money should buy us a say in what they do. If they disagree, then turn off the spigot. The cash from the U.S. should not be without specific contingencies. We are better off with a stable, respected Israel in the region for sure. That can be achieved without blindly sending cash for the rest of eternity however.

Riverrat

This is not a daycare this is a university is a quote that has been used since at least 1993. Most famously in a paper written by Everett Piper where he calls everyone a snowflake. It is also used as “This is a prison not a daycare” quite often. At some point maybe it is just a daycare. I just learned all this trying to figure out if it was that Youtube famous cop that is always saying crazy poop that said it. Seeing how easy it is for media to use the same catch phrase over decades to get attention makes me think them fancy new shiny hats aren’t looking so bad.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

The best one I saw on TV to date. Gal holding a sign saying “Queers For Palestine” Being “queer” in a Muslim country will get you jailed at a minimum. But more likely killed before being arrested.

-J.

That has got to be the the best one I’ve heard so far! rotflol hah

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

It’s a real deal. Do a google search on it!

-J.

Charles

Seams like we should be protesting the Brits who created this mess.

AK Guy

Anybody else disgusted with the “students” hiding behind masks?

CaptainMusky

Anybody else disgusted with the “students” hiding behind masks?

No different than all the criminals who do that. Yeah since covid everyone hides behind a mask, it used to be illegal to have a face covering on in public. Now you can go around looting, stealing cars etc and they will never catch or stop you.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

It’s an election year.

Tlazer

At this point I wish the United States would solely fund Israeli’s defense system (like the Iron Dome) and remind Israel every single day that although they are considered our ally, our money should buy us a say in what they do. If they disagree, then turn off the spigot. The cash from the U.S. should not be without specific contingencies. We are better off with a stable, respected Israel in the region for sure. That can be achieved without blindly sending cash for the rest of eternity however.
    [/quote]

While I agree, this should also apply to the funding for Ukraine. We don’t know where the first 90B we sent them went let alone where the next 60B is going to be going. We should also want to know where the money Biden has sent to Palestine has gone. I have heard most of it ended up in Hamas’s hands. I don’t agree the tax payers should have to fund these college’s, then to make matters worse Biden wants to forgive the debts of many college students. Still haven’t figured out how that is fair to the tax payers after we have already funded the colleges with tax dollars. How is this fair to many of the young people who couldn’t afford to go to college, or those that did and have paid off their loans will be required to pay to forgive the loans of others.
    They should also revoke the visa’s of any student caught and send them back to where they came from and they should never be allowed to legally enter the US again to any foreign student caught yelling “death to America”. I also have to laugh all these a** clowns who feel so strongly to protest, but hide their faces. Guess they don’t feel real strong in their beliefs.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.