Very custom, very limited TUCR transducer arms

• shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Just ran a batch of very custom, very limited transducer arms for TUCR today. Usually I stay away from logos because of time constraints as well as legal issues, but John and I worked on his logo to make it a small limited run.

Another reason for it being limited is due to an opportunity on my end to jump sides from the production side to the industry side in my career. I may take an applications engineer position with a company that sells high end machine tools, going from business to business training their employees how to run their newly purchased machine tool. It’s a better pay, less stress opportunity with career advancements. Spend 2 days at a customers place of business and move on to the next. Heck, their machine installer drives a porche cayenne for a work vehicle. When asked about his wages, he jokingly replied “I drive a porche cayenne for a work vehicle if that’s a clue”.
    At my current place of employment, I feel I have worked myself into a corner, proving myself too valuable to leave the machine shop, hence no advancement, and definitely not compensated in wages either for it.
    So with that being said, government work will be out of the picture, and it may be a couple years till I can buy a mini mill to toy around with these hobby projects.

Enjoy the custom work…

Attachments:
    1. 20140929_102243.jpg

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

So how do I get one?

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Add me to the list of people wanting one…

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

If you want a TUCR custom arm, contact John at TUCR. If you want a non-TUCR arm, contact me.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Just shoot me an email or call.

They are like Shane said a limited run.

Thank you Shane and good luck on the next opportunity.

Brad Anderson
    Minnesota

Did you make any of the tucr prints for a vex?

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

If you want a TUCR custom arm, contact John at TUCR. If you want a non-TUCR arm, contact me.

How do I contact you?

tucrs
    NW Metro

Friend Shane and send him a PM.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Friend Shane and send him a PM.

Thanks!

tucrs
    NW Metro

No problem.

montyst509
    Oconomowoc, WI

Sent a friendship request and a message, looking for the arm with a riser.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Sent a friendship request and a message, looking for the arm with a riser.

no alerts on my end….

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

ok, i accepted request, and clicked on it where the notification said you sent a message, but i have no message…. odd. resend please.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Just ordered mine on TUCR’s site, looks like there are still a few left. Love the new site’s design too!

renegadewalleye

I also ordered mine from John response and also pick up another precision rod

CBMN
    North Metro

I picked one up at TUCR early this week and think it will ge great.

I have to a slight bit of modification to make it work on my h-bird, but will be happy to say goodbuy to my float.

montyst509
    Oconomowoc, WI

this is the mod I made to my Lowrance, the 2 cables and float was frustrating, then I moved down to an 8″ hole, that was almost impossible. I wasn’t sure of the durability of the transducer cable because of the support cable that came with it, so I used 3/8 flexo pet. (I got the idea from my old Zercom, which is for sale now) I have some leftover Flexo Pet if anyone is interested, friend me and message me, we could work out something with paypal. Stopper is from hardware store, $.70 with a hole drilled through and cut with a razor, we will see how it works in the cold. Thanks again Shane123

Attachments:
    1. IMAG01351.jpg

Johnny

Hi guys, I’m looking for a custom bird arm for my ice 55. Love what you guys have. Let me know how I can order one from you guys. Thanks

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Shane If you decide to take the job jump I hope it works out for you. Sounds like a great opportunity for you.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Just to remind everyone….This original post is from 2014….. wink

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Shane, I realize this is an old post but curious if you still make them.

Quick answer no…..he changed jobs wave

Ryan Lorenz

Been using the Marcum style for 10 years plus. Never an issue with the arm but did break a transducer once when I picked up and lx5 that was froze in, it tensioned the wiring and must’ve snapped. No visable damage but broke something internal. Reeds overnighted me the replacement and learned to check that in extreme colds (was like -20).

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Thanks Mudshark, I’ll wait for the TUCR version to be in stock again. I’m kind of hesitant to try the plastic ones for MarCums but they might be just fine too.

That’s the thing Boss……Shane made them for TUCR…..and I don’t know if they have others lined up…..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.