Someone's on Ice-Stevens Point

• Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Went for a short drive this morning to a local backwater off the river and someone had walked out on ice already. I got there to find the parking area empty but two holes drilled a few feet from shore, by hand through the hole estimates almost 2in of ice, and tracks headed out farther. So it’s real close to safe ice here, at least on the backwater, personally I can’t do anything about it till after thanksgiving when I will bring the ice gear up, but it’s got me ready. (wish I had remembered to take pictures oops)

imhooked
    Oconomowoc, WI

Thanks for the report Nicholas!

Family is from Point and will be out in the area Thanksgiving weekend as well. Good to know things are firming up there quickly this year.

While we might not be the first guys out there this season, they’ll be plenty of fish to catch..safely!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Hopefully, in a perfect world,it was my daughter checking it between classes for me…….. rotflol

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Well in a strange twist of events, that involves a visit from my mother today to bring me stuff I forgot at home, I shall be getting my ice gear up here today, so hopefully by Wednesday afternoon I’ll be on the ice here in Point, and definitely on Friday I will be out on the ice all day. I’ll keep reports of my ice outings posted here.

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Not a bite today as I fished for an hour before dark tonight. Being blind by forgetting to mention I needed my vexilar up here doesn’t help. The other half dozen guys out didn’t seem to be having much luck either.

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

Good to go in Wausau with a solid 2+ inches on the lakes and backwater. Seeing some sleds, not time for permanent shacks or vehicles yet…

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

I was on probably a solid 3 consistently with spots of 4 or so…also a few spots that were still open where there was any current, but pretty consistent safe walking ice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.