Snow Camo

• deertracker

Trying to find a good snow camo. I’m looking more for a cover up as I have good clothing to go underneath it. This will be mainly for predator hunting but also possibly for deer hunting. I want to get a feel for what others are wearing.
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I bought my covers at Cabela’s. They are el cheapo junk but they work.

I invested in snow camo bibs last year because I have a severe weakness for camo clothing. I assume this is like shoes for my wife. blush

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Here are the ones I purchased using the coupon Ricco provided us last year.

http://www.onyxoutdoor.com/c/camo-items_snow-camo

If you go covers, be sure you get a set you can pull on over your boots. I like to take mine off after a sit because the snow tends to build up on them. Keeps the truck seat less messy.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The Tyvek coveralls are a good/cheap idea for goose hunting where noise doesn’t matter, but they are too noisy for predator hunting.

The army surplus snow ponchos are a cheap fix, but they are kind of awkward to walk around in the brush in, climb over fences, etc. I have a couple of them for when guys who don’t have snow camo join me, but for regular use they are too awkward.

Here’s what I have for a coverup for snow. These coverups from Cabela’s have worked well for a couple of seasons: http://tinyurl.com/nb9dadn

I have the brush camo version as I’m never just out in the open snow. BTW, they are oversized already, so you just order your normal size or at most one size bigger.

This coverup outfit is quiet and easy to put on. My only complaint is that it contains cotton, so after a day of sitting in the snow, it does get wet and needs to be dried out.

I seldom wear the pants because I sit on the ground, so my pants are not really visible as a coyote approaches. I still wear camo, but I dont’ do the white pants very often.

Grouse

Tyler Schaefer
    Southern Minnesota

My brother coyote hunts and his white camo suit is Realtree, it is under armour material like, and i think it costed over a couple hundred $ for a light jacket and pants and hat, if i remember right i think he got it at scheels.
    Not sure if this helps but thaught i would chime in. Thanks, Tyler

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’m going to try a snow ghillie this year. I’ve seen what a regular ghillie can do and I just couldn’t pass up the $60 to try the snow version. In the past, it seems like anything “Naked North” was a versatile snow camo pattern but my old zebra striped stuff…… If I’m out in the woods with either my son or my dad, I have to keep “chirping” so they can see where I’m at! They lose me easily so I think the key is to match a pattern that blends with the surroundings you plan to hunt in. My nephew sits in open fields with an all white cover suit and he’s had success so……. that’s what I’d recommend. Match your environment.

deertracker

I had posted a reply with what I bought a few weeks ago. I wonder where it went. It was right after a post by someone asking what I bought. I ended up with a jacket and pants from Sportsman’s Guide but it is made by Browning.
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/browning-snow-camo-parka?a=1754378
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/browning-snow-camo-pants?a=1754377

I first bought a cheaper one piece but it was hard to get into and ran up the backside.
    DT

carver
    West Metro

I invested in snow camo bibs last year because I have a severe weakness for camo clothing. I assume this is like shoes for my wife. blush

Yup just just asked and she agreed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.