MX 2025 and WX 2190 Videos

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Sent to us by Dean Marshall, manager at Skeeter Boat Center in Chippewa Falls WI. Hopefully Dean will keep sending us tid-bits from the meeting.

Here’s his first video of the MX 2025 (and a cameo by his thumb ) Do note Dean refers to the boat as the “2050 MX.” It is most definitely the MX 2025. My guess is if a guy talks boat models for 2 days straight the models start to get jumbled a bit.

Note – these videos will download to your hard drive after your click on the link so be patient. It might take a few seconds to transfer.

MX 2025 Hole Shot

WX 2190 Test Drive #1

WX 2190 Test Drive #2

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

That looks like a lot more fun than what i’m doing today!

Hang on Deano!!!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

In the first 2190 video, the boat seems to jump right onto plane!

FDR

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

FDR

I get the feeling Dean wasn’t ready and by the time he was it was all over.

Word from Dean is the 2190 ran 58 – 59 MPH in 95 degree heat down in TX. That’s scorching fast for a boat that size. He described the ride as “Escalade.” Coming from an old Chevrolet truck salesman I believe that means the engineers at Skeeter got it right.

arklite881south

Quote:

Quote:

FDR

I get the feeling Dean wasn’t ready and by the time he was it was all over.

Word from Dean is the 2190 ran 58 – 59 MPH in 95 degree heat down in TX. That’s scorching fast for a boat that size. He described the ride as “Escalade.” Coming from an old Chevrolet truck salesman I believe that means the engineers at Skeeter got it right.

Do most Escalades come standard with tinted windshields? Maybe we could put “Spinners” on the trailer?

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Speed on mx2025?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Speed on mx2025?

Dean said 61.

KirtH
    Lakeville

I am glad Dean wiped his fingers before taking the video, didn’t want to get chocolate on the lens very nice looking boats.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I think my future in video work will be short term at best.

However holding a cell phone steady at 60 is fun. Hole shots on both boats were awesome!

Chris, sounds fun adding some custom “bling” to your rig, clockwise counter, or a set of each for the spinners?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

With the front of the 2190 dipping down, is it still high enough so I dont wash the floor every wave when trolling like a Ranger

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

With the front of the 2190 dipping down, is it still high enough so I dont wash the floor every wave when trolling like a Ranger

Hard to know for sure until we test them ourselves but I’m seeing a very different hull design than a Ranger. More chest and deeper hull at the front third. That said what will make the difference is the way the boat sits at trolling speeds. If it sits level/flat with weight distribution towards the front, we’ll see water over the bow. I know many of us stressed that excessive water over the front was not acceptable. What we’ll want to see is that weight distributed towards the rear just a little bit so the bow will rise up and over waves versus through them at trolling speeds.

Only one way to know for sure… a 2MPH troll into a stiff breeze and 3′ – 4′ waves should do it.

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Quote:

Here’s a newly submitted photo taken at the dealer meeting that shows the bow and hull of the WX 2190. It definitely IS NOT shaped like other boats on the market that have a tendency to scoop waves.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.