Shimano Customer Service

• Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Holy smokes! I am super impressed with Shimano customer service. I had been watching online for the Sahara 2500FE spools to come in (they were listed as out of stock). After a month of watching, I gave customer service a call to see when they would be coming in. They were not sure when new spools would be in stock, but they did have a couple of salvaged spools. The salvaged spools were sent to me free of charge!

I have used Shimano reels for my entire fishing career. At one point, I became frustrated with a couple of models, and the fact that spare spools were no longer being provided out of the box. I started looking at other brands (Okuma, Pflueger, Diawa), and found my way back to Shimano fairly quickly. I even started using some of their rods (Compre, which I have also experienced good customer service with).

Also, I didn’t realize that Shimano, G Loomis, PowerPro, and Jackall lures were all under the same umbrella. It is always interesting finding out these little tidbits…

-Drew

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have been trying to get a spare spool for my new 2500FE for months.
    Do you think they will help me? Do you have the number or any information handy that could get me started? Feel free to PM.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

I have been trying to get a spare spool for my new 2500FE for months.
    Do you think they will help me? Do you have the number or any information handy that could get me started? Feel free to PM.

I just contacted their regular customer support number 1-877-577-0600, and followed the prompts for Shimano customer service.

I am not sure how often they do something like this, but they were certainly helpful. I would give them a call and see what they can do for you. Just tell them your story, and that you want a spare spool.

If they don’t have any salvaged spools left, maybe they could at least find a new spool for you to purchase. It seemed like he thought it was a long shot to find even a single salvaged spool. I think that I got extremely lucky that he found two. It is always work a shot!

-Drew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.