Pool 4 9/14

• slawrenz
    Twin Cities

Got a late start to day out of Colvill Park. Water temp was 64 degrees. Trolled the shallow side of the can line with planers. Had to work hard for the fish I got. Picked up 6 nice walleyes, biggest was 26″ all were over 18″. Most Fish were in 7-8 feet, but seemed to move out to 9-10 feet after noon.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

You fishing the Wisc side out of a Skeeter pulling 2 boards? We whipped the water into a froth from point no point to MN can line and 4 or 5 back water spots only to hook white bass (fun) and a few sticks. Nice to read you hooked up. But a fishing story w/o pics is… Well just a fishing story, lol…

Sure appears that pool 4 is shaping up to be one heckuva fall bite.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

OK, I see they need proof here. If you will notice I am wearing the same shirt as on the river.

Attachments:
    1. unnamed1.jpg

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

Yes that was me taking it easy. You must have been the 2 Ranger’s with Evinrudes?

Attachments:
    1. unnamed2.jpg

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

No but those boys had similar results.

Nice work, I was tempted to swing by but often times anglers on pool 4 get a bit perturbed. We were in a 617 Ranger powered by an opti.

Nice pics! We fished the fish Lowrance marked in 14 – 16 fow. Should have went shallow. Oh well, it was a great day to be fishing.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

Stop by any time. Doesn’t both me. I was only getting about one fish per run and I was only making the upstream run, but I got the first fish by accident swinging inside those two Rangers between the can and seagull snag and then stayed shallower until about 12:30

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Sounds good and I’ll share what I’ve learned or haven’t learned as well. Nice rig BTW. I was surprised the Krukow bros (Ranger/Evinrude boys) were struggling. Normally they pull some pigs this time of year.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.