Pool 2 – 8/5/14

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

River is setting up for typical August pattern. Focus is main river current breaks, wing dams and rip rap. Pitching jigs with ½ crawler or leech gets the nod with cranks taking a few fish too. Fishing with Dave B last night. We got fish on every spot we hit. Nice mix of walleye, smallie, sheepie and channel cats kept the rods bending. The one thing that was interesting last night was we would pull into a spot and quickly boat 2-3 fish, then maybe one straggler. Probably spent a little too much time looking for one more bite. I’d say if you are headed out there soon, pick off the 2-3 aggressive fish and move on. Well, except for Mike W. Mike always seems to find a way to get every last fish off the spot!

Attachments:
    1. photo-41.jpg

2. photo-21.jpg

3. photo-31.jpg

4. photo-1.jpg

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Thanks for the ride Jon, that was a lot of fun. I wont even meantion that he omitted the little red horse that he caught.

I knew it would be a good night when I made a few cast off the dock at the ramp and caught my first Pool 2 large mouth. Not a bad one either!

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Nice work, Jon! Looks like a fun night.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Nice fish, sounds like a perfect evening.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

waytogo <– Need that guy back D

flanders51

Great work. Thanks for the post.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That was some pretty good fishing going on down there right now on the dams. Just like you said we got a few just about every spot we stopped. Casting bombers did the best. Few on jig/crawlers and even a few on minnows.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Always late to the party; thats my river fishing story and I am sticking to it.

Nice post by the way!

So Now I am of to NYC;
    if in the future you see a big blue boat out on that river, stop and tell the captain where the fish are.

)

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Way to go Jon and Dave!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.