Personal Best Walleye

• flanders51

I was out yesterday for most of the day on the river. Plastics and jigs were the ticket. I hit a number of spots and most of them produced. White bass, crappie, sauger, and walleye. Water temperature was 47 degrees. Used plastics and various jig sizes. Dragging and jigging. No luck pitching. At dusk, I caught a 28.5 inch, 9 pound brute. It was shocking for me to see a walleye this big and fat. Seeing them on television is one thing, but catching one is another story. Sorry for the lame picture, it’s tough to take a good picture when you are fishing alone.

She swam away unhurt to make little walleye babies. Great day on the river. It was tough to go to work today.

Attachments:
    1. PB-Walleye.jpg

redneck
    Rosemount

Nice fish!!!!! Are you sure you didn’t photobomb that big gal’s selfie??? You actually did a pretty good job on the picture. I will try to attach one I took from this summer. It sucks fishing by yourself when the big ones come calling!!

Attachments:
    1. Prefish-.jpg

flanders51

I will try to attach one I took from this summer. It sucks fishing by yourself when the big ones come calling!!

Ok, now that I see your photo, I feel better. I can tell you caught a big’un, but that picture IS much worse than mine. Thanks!

redneck
    Rosemount

With the bright sun and my old eyes I didn’t realize how bad the picture was until I got home. I have that shot and one of her in the bottom of the boat laying on my measuring board. She was 28 inches but you can’t tell it from the shot I posted. At least your shot shows how healthy your fish is. Mine shows my fish had a big eye and that is about it. Congrats again on the big gal. It is good to see them starting to show up again.

shockers
    Rochester

Nice fish! Well done. And yeah…sucks trying to take solo photos. I caught a “nice” cat and I was gonna just toss it back without a photo since I was by myself. But then I remembered BK loves them cat photos so just let it slime the bottom of my boat, took a photo, then tossed it back.

I like your eye photo much more than the cat photos. No offense, BK.

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Nice Fish! Sure to be the first big one of many to come. The first one always seems to take the longest to catch. Congratulations! Sure wish I was on the river versus working!!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice catch! What pool were you fishing?

-J.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Nice PB! It is amazing how one can all of a sudden have a 5-foot arm…nice stretch!

flanders51

Nice catch! What pool were you fishing?

Pool 4. I caught the fish in a spot not next to the dam – which made me that much more happy.

matt

I fish alone quite a bit and havnt tried a picture like you guys.I allways try and lay the ruler by them but the measurement is never accurate when done that way.Congrats.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Nice selfie!!! Congrats on your PB!!!

Mark

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Keep catching fish like that and you’re going to have to get longer arms ;)

castle-rock-clown

My personal best are in the 15 to 18 inch range deep fried in a light breading, lemon, and just a touch of tartar sauce.

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Absolutely frigging AWESOME….very well done sir…

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Very nice eye, congratulations!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.