Outdoor Authority, URL

• Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Well, I just got off the phone with Dannie at Outdoor Authority which resulted in a reservation starting Thanksgiving night and the latest ice report. The biggest news is that Dannie has moved his operation from the south side to the north side working from Beacon Harbor. The other news is that the ice is shaping up nicely with 5-7 inches of ice in the areas he’s working about ¾ miles out. It will be close, but at this time he doesn’t believe rentals will be out until after the holiday. Obviously, this can change as we get into next week.

For our trip we’ll be running the wheeler and portable during the day while spending the night in a shack parked near shore. His rate is at either $25 or $30 per head for the fish house.

I am excited to explore the north side of the lake as I have not spent any time in that area and can’t wait to feel that first “thunk” of a walleye hitting my jig.

This next week will not pass fast enough.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Lucky dog! $25-$30 per head? What a bargain! Sounds like a hoot. Post a story w/ pix when done. Good luck…RR

the better half
    Champlin, MN

Well, I just got off the phone with Dannie at Outdoor Authority which resulted in a reservation starting Thanksgiving night and the latest ice report. The biggest news is that Dannie has moved his operation from the south side to the north side working from Beacon Harbor. The other news is that the ice is shaping up nicely with 5-7 inches of ice in the areas he’s working about ¾ miles out. It will be close, but at this time he doesn’t believe rentals will be out until after the holiday. Obviously, this can change as we get into next week.

For our trip we’ll be running the wheeler and portable during the day while spending the night in a shack parked near shore. His rate is at either $25 or $30 per head for the fish house.

I am excited to explore the north side of the lake as I have not spent any time in that area and can’t wait to feel that first “thunk” of a walleye hitting my jig.

This next week will not pass fast enough.

Are you really sure you want to go fishing instead of going Black Friday shopping with me???? frown jester jester rotflol grin

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

You’re a lucky dog, Francis!

-J.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Hi Francis, We’ll be up there the same time at BH, stop over and say hi. We have a hotel room. See you up there.

wallster
    Austin, MN

I’m headed for Beacon Harbor tomr night. First time going out of there. Got a room booked to see how it is. As for the bite, it should be good. Red has never let me down early ice.
    Wallster ><((((>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.