Otter Sled/Clam Sled Mod Ideas

• tucrs
    NW Metro

So last night I was thinking about how to make my sled’s inside white and easier to find stuff in the bottom.
    I first thought of a White wrap… for the money it was not worth it.

So my next option is rattle can paint. I am thinking Krylon Fusion for plastics.

Any one try this before?

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Just don’t drop anything )

tucrs
    NW Metro

That is not a good solution…

steuben1
    Indiana

I have the perfect solution for that. I will let you know when I am ready to announce it! Should be soon. LOL. Sorry John, couldn’t resist.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

I’m liking the humor in this post!☺️

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tucrs wrote:</div>

I have the perfect solution for that. I will let you know when I am ready to announce it! Should be soon. LOL. Sorry John, couldn’t resist.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

hahahahaha funny guys…. lol.

I know you was planning on releasing the info on monday john, but i say you give it another week or so….

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

So last night I was thinking about how to make my sled’s inside white and easier to find stuff in the bottom.
    I first thought of a White wrap… for the money it was not worth it.

So my next option is rattle can paint. I am thinking Krylon Fusion for plastics.

Any one try this before?

what house do you have that you would like to do this to. Clam now has some models of houses that have a light gray interior in the tub now. If you have one of these models you might be able to order the new style sled for it and replace your black interior sled. you would just need to contact the customer service department.

jessered
    owatonna

How about that faex seal stuff I have seen on tv? I think I have seen it at fleet farm also.

jessered
    owatonna

Sorry that would be (flex seal)

Mander

I haven’t used it much but plasti dip could be an option.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

What we need is a Guinea Pig. Someone who is willing to apply 4-5 products to their sled, try them out for a month or two and give us a review. Any volunteers? Sorry, my Otter is too new for this )

rip n flutter
    north saskatchewan

a buddy of mine tried some kind of spray that was white cant remember what it was called it turned out pretty good.but after awhile it just kept peeling off and there was white flakes falling everywhere and after he packed his shelter away for the summer and then got it ready for that next year of ice fishing there were holes everywhere. the stuff he sprayed on was eating his fabric.he was pissed to say the least. lesson learned watch what you spray on.his wallet is a bit thinner from the purchase of a new cover. he just wears a headlamp now.LOL

tucrs
    NW Metro

Hmm eating the fabric… Maybe I am just going to use some thin carpet…

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I used plasti dip on the wheels of my truck and it has held up great. I think that this also could be used on the inside of the Otter if desired. Best thing about it is that if you don’t like it you can always peel it off with zero damage to sled and its toughness.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Cal, is that heavy?

Or would it add a lot of weight to it.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Not 100% sure on the weight, I don’t think it can be much. Also depends on how many coats a guy puts on. I was able to do front/rear bumper and all four rims on 4 cans. Wal-mart has them for like 6 bucks a can.
    Plasti-Dip doesn’t have the weight like a rhino liner.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

This is something I am interested in and have thought of as well. I agree with Cal on trying a plastidip type product. Durability is my only concern but at $6/can a guy could put a coat or 2 on a year and not feel all that bad about it if it achieves the results you are looking for. Just not sure what type of a mess it would make if it were to start peeling off?

I would also think added weight would be fairly minimal.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Get some 3m super77 glue and spray the inside and put white felt in there.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I will try some white plasti-dip on the inside of the Otter to see how it goes. If it holds up half as good as my truck I will be very happy. Look for pictures to come soon.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Sleds flex so much, and in cold temperatures I’ll be surprised if any paint stays in your sled at the end of the season.

Need a coating that is malleable in cold temps.

Neat idea though.

Jay Budik

Added some much needed storage to the sled, this weekend.. it is going to be much better…

Attachments:
    1. JetSled.jpg

Aaron Drier

If you plan on using plasti-dip don’t make the same mistake I did. Find the plastic primer and shoot that first before you apply the actual coat.

Todd Hanson

I tried the plastic dip spray was a big fail!! I’m going to go with some light colored outdoor carpet

Loren I Duerr

I painted the inside of my otter white b-4 last year. Worked great seems fine. Krylon fusion is made for plastic and to be flexible. I use it to paint my custom rods. Just lightly scuff up with scotch pads, dry and warm. Not perfect but much cheaper than a new tub

Gunflint Trail

This roll of lightweight foam anti-fatigue mat was great for my Clam X300. Covered the Hyfax bolts perfectly.

Sorry, I did not mean to double post, but I cannot find the “delete” button.

Attachments:
    1. Mat.jpg

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.