omg, what did I buy!

• castle-rock-clown

Disclaimer, I love fishing, I love the outdoors, I love camping, I hate being cold and the work involved with setting up and taking down ice fishing setups , …I am also lazy. So, I bought a Firebrand aluminum fish house. It is like a small cabin on wheels….and huge, at least to what I’m used to. This will be my resort on Castle Rock Lake this winter. Why do Minnesotans have these all over their state, and we wisconsinites take pride in sitting on a bucket? I am now going to be the guy incessantly asking the safe ice thickness…please bear with me…and don’t be afraid to visit, you know who you are, cr- p sportsmen.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Get a pair of tire chains for your rear tires and learn how to put them on. (takes me about 5-7min) You will be very impressed by what your truck will pull that house through.
    Not sure on your size but my 19×8 yetti can be pulled with a half ton pushing snow with the bumper. They can also help get you out of binds when roads get moved, plowed off or blown in over night.

The houses can really be moved and set up fast with 2-3 guys who know what they are doing.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Oh boy now your going to be a brush war hero! First thing to do is paint idiot magnet on that baby! Second is get a 209′ roll of snow fence so you can radius off your section of the lake like all the permie guys do!! LOL..TELL EM ICE!!

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

No need for the snow fence, just get a long enough cord for your generator so you can set right next to the portable with the exhaust pointing right at it. You’re going to love it, but your opinion of portables WILL change. It’s not the knowledgeable guys that are, or will be kidding you on here, but the tourist that gets a porty for Christmas and only knows if there’s a house there it has to be a good spot. Of coarse he’ll have his two kids, his dog that will yip at you, and a snowmobile or 4 wheeler to entertain the kids. And of coarse he won’t show up till prime time to drill his holes.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

No, they pull up withing feet of your setup with the truck. Jump out and cut 24 10″ holes around you! Then set tipdowns and call in the circus when they get there 4th jumbo WHITEBASS!! Yawhooooooo bring on the ice

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Bronzbak, I saw that guy last year. He pulled up right between my house and a friends that were about 30 feet apart, drilled about 12 to 15 holes with his three buddies, and knocked on my friends door to ask what we were fishing for and what we were using for bait.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Yeah there are some dandy’s out there! They are driven to these tactics because a certain guide whom fishes the Rock and Pete does the same. So everybody wants to be a pro and post piles of whitebass pics on $h1t-|ink!! Does anybody think it will be safe for ice’s big truck shortly??? Bada bing…

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I wonder if I can squeeze almost 10,000 gallons of beer in my bottle and get on the ice before thanksgiving. I’ll park it rite next to clowns new tavern. Hey clown you no my honey hole there are no fish there this year so don’t set up near that spot. I think a good spot is over by the dirty turdlllllle.

Ow yea your getting soft in your old age too.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Hey clown I bet you’ll be fishing with a couple really nice guys! You’ll be catching huge crappies whites slot eyes as well as cats! That new shack will be ON FIRE! You just need some PK spoons an baitmate aswell as rosies on tipdowns!!

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

^^^ouch but still funny $h1t^^

castle-rock-clown

Penis envy…but I don’t get it, this thing along with either my truck or ATV takes up the same room as your guys truck and portable? It’s on wheels and in 5 minutes can be moved to the next spot. This unit will only be on the ice while on using it, it will not be a perm except for the few straight days I am up there the few times I’m up there. My commute from my house is 2.5 hours each way, and about $100.00 bucks in gas. Like my setup last year, this is also my lodging…but, a bit nicer. Granted it’s a big step up, but I look at it as a guy who fishes from a canoe and then decides to buy a skeeter. Nobody hates that I don’t think. As far as talking to other fishermen, these last couple days I was in my boat and both approached other boats out there fishing and others approached me. Maybe I just don’t get ice fishing etiquette.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Etiquette on the ice does not go far enough. Went down after the politically correct thing. Just another way to make losers not responsible for there actions.
    Just given you the raspberries clown.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.