Now is time to prepare for ice!!

• Quintin Biermann

It is October 8th and in I’d say 6 weeks for the northern MN boys they will be on ice. This is a glass half full opinion but it helps to be positive. With some free time lately I am re-spooling rods checking Fish house canvas sled etc. As well as making sure the auger runs. I have 20 days planned to hunt deer out of state or out west and with pheasants and fowl also mixed in that leaves little time for preparation. Last few years I always feel early ice is here and I’m a step behind the 8 ball. Not this year. Happy preparation boys.

Attachments:
    1. image20.jpg

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I’ve already been out checking out the ice! Popped a few holes and we have about 2 inches! I’ll be on the ice this weekend!!!

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

That’s a great reminder, Quintin…….but I just read it today! I have been able to get most of the Crap Work around the house, garage, yard done. I even had the cars back in the garage before it snowed! Checking the ice in Red Wing (1.5″), reading about the Wabasha backwaters in the Post Bulletin (3″) just gets me ready to try it out. It helps, too, that this weekend is warming up enough where we won’t look like Dr Zhivago!!! Good fishing!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Take an umbrella Ed.

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

That’s what I heard, Tom! Hopefully, it won’t be 6′ like in Buffalo—rain or snow!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.