Minnetonka NO WAKE going away

• carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Being reduced to 600ft from shore.

http://lmcd.org/2014/07/lake-minnetonka-emergency-high-water-conditions-in-effect/

12:01 a.m., Friday, July 25th: Emergency High Water Terminated/Previously Enacted High Water in Effect

Emergency High Water Declaration Terminated 12:01 am, Friday July 25th
    The Emergency High Water Declaration (for the entire Lake) will be terminated at 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 25th. At that time, it will revert to the previously enacted High Water Declaration (outlined below).

High Water Declaration in Effect: 12:01 a.m., Friday, July 25th
    It is unlawful for a person to operate a watercraft in regulated areas of Lake Minnetonka at a speed of more than five miles per hour or a speed that results in more than a Minimum Wake. Regulated areas are defined as the surface area of the Lake within a distance of 600′ of the entire shoreline, as well as all of the surface area of specific bays and portions of the Lake. The following information is offered for your review:
    •Minimum Wake is defined as the wake moving out from the watercraft and trailing behind in a widening “V” is of insufficient size to affect other watercraft or be detrimental to shoreline.
    •Termination of the High Water Declaration will be made when the water levels drop below 930.0′ for three consecutive days.
    •Lake Minnetonka Emergency High Water Declaration Map (Effective 12:01 a.m., July 25th)
    •2014 Lake Minnetonka Water Level Readings (07-24)

A press release will be submitted in regards to the termination of the Emergency High Water and reverting back to the previously enacted High Water Declaration at 12:01 a.m., July 25th. All questions can be directed to the LMCD office at 952-745-0789 or to Administrative Assistant Emily Herman at [email protected].

Posted on: July 24th, 2014

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

That’s surprising, I see this possibly going back to no wake at some point. Worked at a few homes so far this summer where they had the property sandbagged and pumps on, can’t imagine the first waves to hit them from some of the yachts out there and they will be complaining. Right now its the boaters who have the councils ears, but eventually the homeowners will again, as they always do.

matt

I went out there very early this morning and ended up staying a little too long.The fishing was pretty good early on. Then came the boats and the 4 foot waves from every direction(the wind was dead calm this a.m),along with the chopped up weeds floating everywhere.Long story short, if your going to fish out there save it for a rainy crappy day,or make it a night or early morning trip.Its been years since I fished the lake until this season and I forgot how crazy it gets out there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.