LUND vs ALUMACRAFT

• jtetzloff

Looking to purchase new boat and have been looking at LUND TYEE 180 and ALUMACRAFT TROPHY 185. Any thoughts on which is better. Do most fishing on larger lakes. Mainly Walleye and panfish. Opinions appreciated…

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Looking to purchase new boat and have been looking at LUND TYEE 180 and ALUMACRAFT TROPHY 185. Any thoughts on which is better. Do most fishing on larger lakes. Mainly Walleye and panfish. Opinions appreciated…

Lund is the only of the two that offers a glass version. So I guess if you are hung up on owning a Lund or Alumacraft I would have to say Lund.

chubby
    Bloomington

I am not sure what glass has to do with his question but if you want a glass Lund then you should buy a Triton since they make them for Lund.

Alumacraft has base coat/clear coat paint, one piece bottom, larger rivets, treated plywood, double layer bottom, which Lund does not offer. Alumacraft also offers a smoother, drier ride at a lower cost as well.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Resale always comes into play for me when it comes to choosing a boat. Then again I never keep one very long.I have had Lunds and Alumacraft and my personal experience is Lund holds the value much better IMO Good luck whichever you choose.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

The Lund glass line is currently manufactured by Sea Ray.

I beg to differ on most of this comment, ” Alumacraft also offers a smoother, drier ride at a lower cost as well”. I have setup many boats with the opportunity to lake test both brands, and I would say that Lund has the drier/smoother ride. Alumacraft might be cheaper in price, this is no secret here. Its a Ford vs Chevy question. I would take the Lund for purely better resale value, which showcases the quality that is built into the boat.

Chris H

I have had both. I would go with the Lund.

superstar
    Breezy Point, MN

Quote:

Resale always comes into play for me when it comes to choosing a boat. Then again I never keep one very long.I have had Lunds and Alumacraft and my personal experience is Lund holds the value much better IMO Good luck whichever you choose.

I would hope lund would have a higher resale….ya pay to much for them in the first place. Value wise, you cant beat an alumacraft.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Historically, both have been reutable products. I have owned both brands myself. While research and other opinions have value,
    NOTHING , replaces driving one yourself. How does each boat track while trolling in wind and or bow mount boat control? In the past I also factoed which dealer I had the most confidence in for service after the sale just as much as the brand or product itself. Have fun with your shopping & good luck!

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

I like them both.

Adley

I would suggest you to visit Pontoon Boat Guide, you will definitely find specifications and features of both the boat there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.