Line counter for left handers

• carver
    West Metro

Looking to get a line counter fir the wife. Size would be 15/20 no need for a large spool.

The ones i know of are, diawa and okuma. Anyone else have one that i should look at?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Pending on the amount of time used through out the season and your budget.. the Okuma Magna series would be a good fit,If using alot and the line out reading is crucial I would go with the Diawa Sealine series, they are more accurate than the Okuma.

I started out with Magna series a quite afew years back and 4 years back switched over to Diawa Sealines 17 reels for long lining and couldnt be happier !

You May try to locate a good used Diawa Sealine 17

A new Diawa Sealine 17LC runs about $ 105.00

JMHO Jeff

carver
    West Metro

Thank for the info.

mojogunter

I have had issues with two sea line reels. Both are less than a year old. The spool doesn’t spin smooth. Sometimes it works well and other times i have to pull the line out. The first reel was really bad. I brought it back, and thorne brothers gave me a replacement. That one started doing the same thing but not as bad. I would stay away from that model. I have a couple as accudepth reels that have been good. I think the new sea line has a design flaw. I do have a shimano tekota that is by far the best line counter reel I have of the 8 counters I own. I will slowly be selling my others off and going to all shimano.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.