Awesome Rods at State Fair

• trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

Did anybody see the Awesome Rods (www.awesomerods.com) booth in the Dairy Building at the State Fair? They looked cool but were kind of heavy. I commented on how the metal rod would only be good for big fish and not pannies. He had me hold the handles of the rod and put the tip to his Adam’s Apple. When he talked I could feel the vibrations.

The rods were pricy ($60-$70) but they were very compact and they had a rod with an adjustable handle.

That’s my 2 cents.

Mike

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

He had me hold the handles of the rod and put the tip to his Adam’s Apple. When he talked I could feel the vibrations.

Any half way decent rod should do that. Actually you can do the same with a good pool que. Not a great test of quality, but I see sales guys do it all the time.

-J.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

He had me hold the handles of the rod and put the tip to his Adam’s Apple. When he talked I could feel the vibrations.

Any half way decent rod should do that. Actually you can do the same with a good pool que. Not a great test of quality, but I see sales guys do it all the time.

-J.

I agree. Seen that done a hundred times at sports shows and quite honestly, I can’t figure out what it really tells me about that rod. Pretty much nothing at all.

Maybe instead they should put a treble hook on the end of a line, stick it in the guys butt and have him try to get off while you crank on the other end. At least that would tell me something about how it handles a big fish and, it sure would be a lot of fun to watch!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I have no idea if they are good or not. They look strange. Who knows? They could be “awesome!” I think you should test run them for us.

dd

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I would think the metal rod would ice up pretty easy. Especially sitting outside. I like how they break down. Have not seen that design before.

-J.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

I have no idea if they are good or not. They look strange. Who knows? They could be “awesome!” I think you should test run them for us.

dd

Okay dd. Do you think we can use some of them thar barbless hooks for this test run though?

lhprop1
    Eagan

I really don’t know what to say about those. I’m kind of at a loss for words. If the antenna on your radio breaks, this “rod” might come in handy.

I have a feeling I would get laughed off the ice if I showed up with one of those thar contraptions. I’d also probably give out a healthy ribbing to anyone who I saw using one.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

No. Joel. I think Trekr200 should test them and see if they are any good. I don’t plan on doing it, silly.

The rods and reels I own were tested and approved by James and Dean (not James Dean, totally different guy who is dead.)

dd

trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

No. Joel. I think Trekr200 should test them and see if they are any good. I don’t plan on doing it, silly.

That sounds like a triple-dog dare

timmy

What is their alleged advantage over a ‘normal’ (and cheaper) rod?

If they are significantly heavier, and that expensive, I personally think they would not be worth it. Actually, seems like a dumb concept to me.

T

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.