I did it:)

• Chris Hazen

Well guys and gals of IDO I Got my first Buck kill with a bow, I have watched this deer for a while and man does it feel good to finally put him in the bag. He may not be the biggest but im more than happy with him. Heres all it all played out. I sat this morning over the edge of a hay field and snowmobile trail because the last week he had been eating there morning and night. So after a 4 hour sit this and no deer movement I was bummed as I thought I had these deer all figured out. So after coming home and doing some house work I was back out to the same stand as the morning And it payed off. At 6:10 the buck I call the wide one came walking out. Just out of bow range and on a straight path away from me. I knew from the trail camera pics that he was still running in groups so now I just had to wait. Well finally after a hour of waiting here came the back I called the tall on. He came out just out of bow range also and met up with the wide one. Both of these bucks where on my hit list for my first buck. Well as they where standing side by side I thought the tall one looked better and that was the shot I took. I was 20 feet up into a tall oak and the bucks where 30 yards away. I put my 30 yard pin on and let the arrow fly. My first thought was that the shot was high until I watched him tip over a mear 60 yards away. Man was I pumped. after leaving him lay for a hour it was time to recover him and when I got up to him I could tell the shot was a great shot. It was a little high but with the angle of where I was at I was able to get top of the right long and dead center thought the left with the exit wound being right in the middle of the left side behing the front leg. He ended up being a 8 point buck and field dressing out at 170 pounds. And it have giving me lots of joy. The first pic is of both of my bucks on my hit list together. Both the tall one and the wide one. The second pic is of the deer I harvested ( the tall one) when he was in velvet. The third pic is yesterday morning and started to shed his velvet. And the last one of tonight with me hold him:) Anyone have a idea on what he will score?

Attachments:
    1. bow-deer.jpg

2. deer-9-12-209.jpg

3. deer-9-12-046.jpg

4. deer-9-12-032.jpg

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Great buck, congratulations on getting it done. Looks to me like you did your home work, made a plan and got rewarded in a big way. Nice job.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats on a great deer!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Great job. I personally thinks it’s much more rewarding to put the work in, figure them out, execute a plan. Well done!!!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Nice job Chris.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Way to go!!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Way to go. Nice deer.

kevin clark

First one is the toughest, cograts!!!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Congrats Chris! Way to put it all together and close the deal. That’s one you’ll remember forever.

Dave

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Congrats!

Kentucky Boy 75
    Champlin, MN

Great job. You will never forget this…great buck.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Nice one! Awesome when it all comes together like that.

Grouse

abster71
    crawford county WI

congrats on your first many more to come.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.