hvac question

• puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Is 50degs at the register where my home ac supposed to be???

munchy
    NULL

The temp should be about 15 to 20 degrees cooler than the return air if everything is functioning and balanced correctly.

munchy
    NULL

Dang, I edited my first post to add a bit more info this morning and it must not have registered.

But anyway the exact temp coming out of the register is going to vary based on how far away the register is from the HVAC unit. If the register is three feet from the a-coil the temp will be considerably cooler than if you have a register three floors up. That is the reason the 15-20 degree difference between register and return is a good rule of thumb. A properly working and balanced system should be able to stay in that range under normal weather conditions and proper home sealing and insulation.

Just make sure you run the system for 15 minutes prior to making your final temperature readings to allow the ductwork to adjust to its normal operating temp

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Thanks for the additional info. My system is working as it should. I just had to show my wife, who thinks she knows all, that it is good to go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.