Which Rainy River Access is this???

• abe
    La Crosse

Can anyone tell me if this is the Pelland access to the Rainy River? photo credit given to Clementson resort

dbright
    Cambridge

I’m pretty sure that isn’t birchdale .

moger88

Pretty sure thats Pelland.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Guys…You gotta be careful when you flash pics of open water and “Birchdale” in the same post. Almost gave me a fit!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I say Pelland too.

abe
    La Crosse

I just had this picture sent to me from the Franz Jevne park at 5:15pm today.

thegun
    mn

the fishing good by pelland?

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

A boat in the water is better than one on the trailer! Who cares if the fish are biting.

bronco83
    Central Minnesota

Pretty sure this is a picture of the landing in Int’l Falls not Pelland.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Yes and no. You can catch some fish up there but not like points south of birchdale. Lake run fish generally don’t make they’re treck that far north so you won’t see the huge numbers of fish. But if you’re going up that might be your only option.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Quote:

That picture is of Pelland, it said right on the original picture. Everything to the west is pretty socked up with snow & ice yet. The middle of the river may be open, but the shore is pretty tight with ice yet. Open water still has a ways to go to Birchdale. I am so bummed, I had two trips planned this spring that I had to scrap already. If there IS a window for fishing this spring, it will be really small. Look at the pictures on Clementsons & Royal Dutchmans websites, and you can judge for yourself. As it stands, you’re not getting close to the river any time soon. Sometimes Mother Nature does that to us. I’m thinking if things DO get warm, we’ll have to deal with high, muddy water, & that will shut the bite right off, except for the sturgeon. Good luck all………

abe
    La Crosse

Quote:

Quote:

That picture is of Pelland, it said right on the original picture.

It does now that they updated the website. It was not tagged with the location originally.

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

Not sure what landing this is. But I’m POSITIVE THAT’S NOT BIRCHDALE

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.