Any I-pilot reviews out there???

• socaljim55

I know its earlie but was wondering if anyone has tested or have used one yet.Likes or dislikes… Thanks jim

jhalfen

I’ve been running an i-Pilot since August. Check out these instructional articles and field test information:

i-Pilot in the field

You won’t find a more powerful addition to your arsenal of boat control tools!

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

hi jason,

is it true with the terrova u can use the pedal or hand control?

jhalfen

With Terrova, you can use either the pedal or the remote to control the motor.

WIth PowerDrive V2, the pedal no longer functions with an i-Pilot installed.

socaljim55

thanks jason for the link to your site. I think that pretty much sold me. I-pilot seems to solve the issue’s that can take time away from having a line in the water. One more question do you still tend to use your footpedal?

jhalfen

I do use my footpedal, particularly when vertical jigging as I prefer to fish with two rods and control the boat with the pedal. There are other times that I’m not using one of the i-Pilot’s GPS-enabled functions, and the foot pedal is a more convenient way to control the boat.

With the $100 rebate on Terrovas until 4/15, the i-Pilot/Terrova combo is an especially compelling way to go!

socaljim55

Yea, the difference in the price between the terrova and pdv2 is less than $200. The terrova is a better buy and I would still like to have a foot pedal. Looks like im going to have to sell my current pd… Thanks for all the info.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Jason, how is the battery life in the remote? What size of battery does it take?
    I just ordered my 101 Terrova iPilot from Jolly Ann Marine today! I can’t wait to incorporate it into trolling crankbaits! Now if we can just get rid of this ice.

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Thank you Jason,

You also just sold me, I am going to order one very soon!

Thx!

jhalfen

Ben, it’s a larger-sized coin battery: CR2450

CR2450

For one reason or another, Panasonic batteries cannot be used.

Battery life: Well, I’ve used my i-Pilot on virtually every trip since August 1, and here we are in early March, and I have yet to see the low battery indicator come on. Having said that, I think the wise thing to do would be to pick up a spare and keep it in the boat.

Replacing the battery is as easy as removing the 6 screws from the back of the i-Pilot remote, popping it open, replacing the battery, and screwing the two halves back together.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

I have read everything I can get my hands on about the new iPilot and it is on my must have for this spring! Plus I can get it from Jolly Ann Marine for zero shipping and from out of state…huge savings!… at least thats how I am selling it on the female front.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks Jason. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t need to stock up on some batteries at Sam’s Club.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Jason- I read your review of the iPilot for trolling situations. I’m curious if you have used it in conjunction with a kicker motor? If I were to use my kicker as my main source of forward thrust how will the iPilot perform following a recorded track and also maitaining a choosen speed? This will probably be my number 1 way to utilize my iPilot this season.

I can’t wait to use this thing!!!

jvanasse

I bought the 12volt 55lb thrust terrova and bought the i-pilot seperate, did the install (all of a minute and a half), but when I got it on the water, the terrova does not make the three audible tones the manual says it is supposed to when it deploys, and then the remote blinks F at me repeatedly when I press a button. The manual doesn’t even cover the blinking F, and no one from cabelas to minn kota themselves seems to know what is wrong…any thoughts?

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

I have had mine out once and love it already. It’s everything Jason and the rest of the crew has reviewed and more. The spot lock feature is great for staying on pods of fish. I hope to put the track record to use Thursday on ML and Friday on the St Croix.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

I bought the 12volt 55lb thrust terrova and bought the i-pilot seperate, did the install (all of a minute and a half), but when I got it on the water, the terrova does not make the three audible tones the manual says it is supposed to when it deploys, and then the remote blinks F at me repeatedly when I press a button. The manual doesn’t even cover the blinking F, and no one from cabelas to minn kota themselves seems to know what is wrong…any thoughts?

flashing an “F” at you…maybe its trying to tell you something…

uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

If anybody still has questions on buying one, I have had mine for two months now and I can honestly say it is the best investment I have ever made as far as boat control, the i-pilot helped me boat two six pound largemouth and many more in heavy winds. BUY ONE!!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.