Tiller vs. Console steer

• TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

In my limited experience, I have a wheel and a kicker tiller. I too have found that the tiller gives better control. I found that out when trying to drive straight with the wheel onto the trailer during windy day. The tiller definitely gives better control. But….the wheel still wins for me overall as comfort and being able to drive at high speeds comfortably gives me much pleasure, so for now, I am a wheel and walk-thru windshield man. Had a single console before, that still does not block out the wind as good as a walk-thru. Previously, tearing eyes at 25mph, now 40mph..real comfy!!

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I love this discussion every-time it comes up.

I have to admit, being a tiller guy, I don’t like getting wet and frost bite in early spring.

Is there a market for the old Lund Mr. Walleye style tillers with the console?

I’m not sure if they made it late enough to incorporate the IPS hull, but it would be a boat I would at least consider for my next purchase.

Sully

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I fished out of a 2025 LE with a tiller out in SD a few years back. Dan Dolinski from Canada had this setup. I couldn’t believe the room in this boat. Better than the 2090 and same ride in my opinion.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.