missing airplane

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

I actually like all the government conspiricy therios better.

desperado

Quote:

Quote:

My money is on the plane sitting on a desolate tarmac in the tribal regions in Pakistan.

It’s not quite that easy. …
    Even with commercial sat services, you could examine all of the airports that are big enough to see if the plane was sitting there. That’d take about an hour.

Sure, you can land a Cessna at some desolate strip in the middle of nowhere without anyone noticing. A 737 tends to attract a little more attention and sticks out a little bit more. I suppose they could throw a blue tarp over it…

Grouse

I think they acquired a tractor beam from the Klingons and a cloaking device from the Romulons

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Anyone check for laser pointing pens out there?

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Actually, if you recall during 9-11, they completely lost track of one of the planes… of US soil. If they fly low enough, they could avoid radar.

And I think it is completely stupid that the transponder or any other reporting/recording device could be turned off by a pilot or anyone else. What function could that even serve?

ANyways, I was just expressing thoughts as well… who knows. I agree with someone above… a prelude to a 2nd series of Lost.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Wonder if they were union?

desperado

Quote:

BK scores again … need just one more for the Hat-Trick today

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Pakistani’s or Indians. It’s probably been converted into a tourist motel by now.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Quote:

Just waiting for Glenn.

desperado

Quote:

Quote:

Just waiting for Glenn.

and there it is folks

desperado

hate to pee on everyone’s party here
    buuuuut
    Meanwhile, in The Crimea

there’s a vote being taken this weekend which could lead to the most tense standoff we’ve seen since the Cuban Missile Crisis

PB2

Quote:

What function could that even serve?

Emergency protocol scenarios.

I’m going with the 2 Iranians that were on board with stolen passports.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

its pretty obvious they weren’t…on either end or this wouldn’t of happened. unless of course they where union terrorists!!!!!! why do you think we are trying to push union overseas!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

My job is done for the day.

All jesting aside, my heart goes out to the people and their familys on board.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I am with you BK. its really amazing with all the technology out there they cant find that thing.

so the union thing is cleared up???????

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

We don’t know, their still on break.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Pug where do you find the time to find these pics?

desperado

Quote:

Quote:

and Pug picks up where BK left off … it’s Fantastic Friday folks

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Quote:

Quote:

hah!!!!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Quote:

he must be management to have that kind of time!!!!!!!!! union guya are actually doing something!!!!

desperado

Neither mgmt nor union; but much like the “missing airplane”, Pug is just a fly-under-the-radar kinda guy

glenn57
    cold spring mn

gotta go………its break time!!!!!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Looks like Glenn forgot his shovel, what is he going to lean on now?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

A.) It probably is faster for me than formulating a written post.
    B.) There is a quote from Office Space

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

My money is on the plane sitting on a desolate tarmac in the tribal regions in Pakistan. It had enough fuel to get there… and without transmitting (and staying below radar), it could get there undetected.

It’s not quite that easy. The number of airports that are long enough to allow the landing of a 737 within the range that that plane had makes for a very shot list. If you consider the number of airports that would both allow the plane to land AND to take off again with a full load of fuel, the list gets even shorter.

And most of those airports are controlled or would have forced the plane to overfly controlled airspace where it would have been picked up by the controller’s radar. For example, no way could you fly a 737 into Pakistan without being seen on radar all over India.

Even with commercial sat services, you could examine all of the airports that are big enough to see if the plane was sitting there. That’d take about an hour.

Also, where you have big airports, you have people who tend to see things. Sure, you can land a Cessna at some desolate strip in the middle of nowhere without anyone noticing. A 737 tends to attract a little more attention and sticks out a little bit more. I suppose they could throw a blue tarp over it…

There’s a whole lot of nothing out there in the Indian Ocean.

Grouse

At this point, I have to agree with hijack and landing somewhere theory. That plane is in the hands of terrorists. They now have a WMD ready to go. Either fly it into a strategic target or put a nuke in it and fly over a major population center. Lets hope our best and brightest figure this out soon. Sorry, this aint good. Got a bad gut feeling on this one. I listen to my gut…..Hope I’m wrong.

-J.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

For 200 passengers, you have to wonder why there isn’t any cell phone calls

BBKK
    IA

Spontaneous decompression of the cabin. Death within seconds.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Spontaneous decompression of the cabin. Death within seconds.

That’s what I was thinking. Anyone remember Payne Stewart? I just don’t know if something could cause this and cut off communications and tracking at the same time.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I don’t know what the height is now but it used to be that if any flight under 90′ it was undetectable. If thats still true then it would have had to fly under that 90′ until it landed somewhere and thats very precession flying considering the tail height is maybe 30 to 40′ off the ground to begin with and the planes wheel assembly would be a few feet from touching the tree tops. How many countries would have kept this secret that it flew into their airspace and hasn’t said anything?

It would have had to fly under that 90′ for a reason to make it look like it was lost at sea or considered a no find in any jungle or forested area.

I seen a show a couple days ago, don’t remember which one, but they had two retired experienced transportation jet pilots and they said if power is lost in the main generators theres an apparatus that folds down from the bottom side of the plane with a propeller on it and that generates enough power to keep most of the major instruments running. The one pilot said that it would have to be something major for this not to drop down and start working.

From what the pilots said it didn’t look good and it would take something major to shut off everything all at once. Either everything was shut down on purpose to hide the plane while it was in the air, and flown under the radars of friendly countries or it was ditched at sea for some reason.

You’d think that if the plane had problems that were serious that the pilots would have wanted to be found in case it did end up in the ocean and everyone was killed. It sounds to me that to shut off everything it wanted to be hidden for some reason. They said the signal still kept coming from some device for about 4 hours after its last radio transmission and after that everything stopped. It does have all the hints of something sinister being involved, but who knows. For a plane that size and after all the searching nothings been found? it either flew to ground safely but why no word of it? even from unfriendly countries there might have been word that it was flown there with maybe a fake reason or for some other reason.

Or it is still outside of the search area where it either crashed into the ocean or in a jungle somewhere, but why only a signal for another 4 hrs after the last radio contact, maybe thats all the time it was designed to send a signal for, but you would think it would have been designed to send a signal until it was found, maybe up to a month, it doesn’t sound good to me either. If a terrorist was going to try to find a jet for some reason, why not a relatively unsecured airport area, maybe like one in Indonesia. Either way it is suspicious. Its pretty hard to hide a 777 anywhere, even the debris field if their searching there, maybe their not yet.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Its been, what, 5 days? That plane could be anywhere by now. Sure, it is entirely possible that it crashed into the ocean.. but the chances that it was mechanical in nature is so slim that it is almost non-existant. 2 devices were manually turned off 14 minutes apart from each other in an obvious attempt to deceive. Whether the plane made it to whatever attempted destination is still in question. But 5 hours (according to engine to satelite data) after turning off the equipment tells me there was an obvious attempt to get somewhere. As well, some of what I heard was there were plenty of WWII airbases abandoned on numerous islands that could accommodate a plane that size.. not to mention the fact that the fuel would allow them to get to Packistan without issues.. and who there would spill the beans? hell, they had Obama-Bin-Laden there for how long?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.