missing airplane

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

any one listen to the KQRS morning show today??????? had and interview with a guy involved in the search for that plane overseas…………..awefully interesting theories!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Care to share?

I like this guys theory, although it seems like his theory for everything unexplained.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just keep checking Craig’s list for it. It will show up.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

craigs list!

pug? did you listen to it??? judging by the voice in the interview wasn’t your dude in the pic! not disagreeing with ya but all the theroies out there where pretty crazy. of course terry brought up the Bermuda trianglr thery!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

No, the picture is just a joke. I didn’t listen, that’s why I am curious what was said.

gordonk
    mpls

Anyone ever watch Lost? My guess is that one of those characters found a time machine / portal and came back in time. The show was really a docu-drama, warning us. Too, bad it didn’t work.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

this guy had all therioes as to how it disappeared. they now think it flew another 4 hours after last contact and need to expand there search area by at least 1000 miles. on the news last nite they figure it could be a hijacking because the communication system was shut off individually. they are looking at the hijacking thing pilot suicide to he even heard this snowden guy had something to do with it and another story was there where puter geeks, about 20 of them,from texas and they had something to do with it. something with chips. this just from I remember.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

My money is on the plane sitting on a desolate tarmac in the tribal regions in Pakistan. It had enough fuel to get there… and without transmitting (and staying below radar), it could get there undetected.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

My money is on the plane sitting on a desolate tarmac in the tribal regions in Pakistan. It had enough fuel to get there… and without transmitting (and staying below radar), it could get there undetected.

That’s been my thought all along. It will destroy something in the future.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Quote:

That’s been my thought all along. It will destroy something in the future.

My fear as well How many people were on board?

desperado

Quote:

and the powers-that-be are happy to have us preoccupied with this while they continue their hi-jinx elsewhere
    (could Putin have gotten a better break than to have the 24-7 news coverage be diverted away from the Ukraine?
    would Obama rather we’re watching this instead any myriad of quagmires that his admin could be wading through now? )

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

My ideas:

Terrorist?
    – No one claims responsibility, a terrorist act hallmark
    – Later use as a weapon? Good luck hiding it and moving it undetected
    – Probably not enough resources to carry out the logistical planning

Rogue Nation?
    – Have the capability to pull it off covertly
    – But why? Deflection from Ukraine? Probably easier things to pull off

Pilot Suicide?
    – Ability to shut off the communications and tracking
    – Still would have to take care of the crew

Aliens?
    – Yet to document them here on earth, even though they have been observing us for centuries.
    – Easy for them to pull off

I am going with catastrophic electrical malfunction which was a perfect storm of cutting off communication and tracking instantaneously while losing cabin pressure simultaneously, killing passengers and crew within seconds. Plane continued on by autopilot before crashing into a forest somewhere.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

My ideas:

Terrorist?
    – No one claims responsibility, a terrorist act hallmark
    – Later use as a weapon? Good luck hiding it and moving it undetected
    – Probably not enough resources to carry out the logistical planning

If they were planning on using it in the future, they would keep quiet until then.

Quote:

Rogue Nation?
    – Have the capability to pull it off covertly
    – But why? Deflection from Ukraine? Probably easier things to pull off

Probably not.. but possible I guess

Quote:

Pilot Suicide?
    – Ability to shut off the communications and tracking
    – Still would have to take care of the crew

If it were suicide.. why fly for 5 additional hours? Why turn/divert the plan from original course?

Quote:

Aliens?
    – Yet to document them here on earth, even though they have been observing us for centuries.
    – Easy for them to pull off

Hold on… gotta get my tin-foil hat and iron underwear… I hear them probes can be a pain in the @ss…

Quote:

I am going with catastrophic electrical malfunction which was a perfect storm of cutting off communication and tracking instantaneously while losing cabin pressure simultaneously, killing passengers and crew within seconds. Plane continued on by autopilot before crashing into a forest somewhere.

An electrical malfunction wouldn’t really explain why the data reporting system was shut down first.. then 14 minutes later, the transponder was shut down… all the while the engines continued to send signals to the satellites showing them operational.

desperado

solar flares … the effects of which are, of course, exacerbated by our release of excess CO2 into the atmosphere

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Forgot to put the plug in.

BBKK
    IA

You’ll see that plane again in about 6 months. It will either fly into something in europe, full of explosives.. or be shot down entering US airspace full of explosives.

They will be hiding it somewhere in a third world country tarmac until the story dies down and the majority quit actively searching for it.

Another theory is that you will hear of a drone strike in Iran and Obama on the news claiming the CIA found the plane in the hands of a large terrorist cell, and Obama bravely gave the okay to have the entire cell killed and the plain destroyed. Then all the plain parts and the terrorist bodies will be dropped in the ocean on the way home for a ceremonial burial.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Quote:

only from you BK!!!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I cant see terrorists individually murdering over 200 passengers after landing someplace to pull that off. My gut says it went down in the water. Heck of a mystery that I’m sure will be resolved soon.

desperado

Quote:

BK for the Win

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Quote:

Quote:

BK for the Win

yep. the wifes revenge video proves it!!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was throwing those things out there off the top of my head. I haven’t been following it or the theories all that closely. I also know nothing about 777s or any airplane. But it is fun to discuss theories.

Quote:

If they were planning on using it in the future, they would keep quiet until then.

Yes, but it would be next to impossible to hide a 777. At some point they need to come over land. At that point it would be difficult to avoid detection I’d think.

If this were true, I’d suspect most governments know what happened and where it is and are keeping hush-hush until determine how they deal with it.

I suspect after 9-11 the US and other countries have departments dedicated to monitoring air traffic covertly.

Quote:

If it were suicide.. why fly for 5 additional hours? Why turn/divert the plan from original course?

You want me to apply logic to someone who planned and carried out (hypothetically) killing themselves? Maybe he wanted one last leisurely flight? And they don’t really know it actually flew for 5 hours…the tracking was turned off. It pinged satellites for hours but there was no data “attached” to that ping?

Quote:

An electrical malfunction wouldn’t really explain why the data reporting system was shut down first.. then 14 minutes later, the transponder was shut down… all the while the engines continued to send signals to the satellites showing them operational.

Just a stab in the dark for me.

If there is redundancy say in power, why do they even allow pilots and crew the ability to turn off the tracking?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

maybe its a prelude to another gilligans island series????????

glenn57
    cold spring mn

yea…..something like that…or lost at sea???? twilight zone??

desperado

the original … “Swiss Family Robinson”

desperado

This stranded theme (with an airplane crash as the catalyst) was done as a movie back in 1972

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

It’s not quite that easy. The number of airports that are long enough to allow the landing of a 737 within the range that that plane had makes for a very shot list. If you consider the number of airports that would both allow the plane to land AND to take off again with a full load of fuel, the list gets even shorter.

And most of those airports are controlled or would have forced the plane to overfly controlled airspace where it would have been picked up by the controller’s radar. For example, no way could you fly a 737 into Pakistan without being seen on radar all over India.

Even with commercial sat services, you could examine all of the airports that are big enough to see if the plane was sitting there. That’d take about an hour.

Also, where you have big airports, you have people who tend to see things. Sure, you can land a Cessna at some desolate strip in the middle of nowhere without anyone noticing. A 737 tends to attract a little more attention and sticks out a little bit more. I suppose they could throw a blue tarp over it…

There’s a whole lot of nothing out there in the Indian Ocean.

Grouse

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.