EGO Floating Landing Nets

• marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

Looking to buy a new net because the hoop on my Frabill broke. I will be using it for walleye fishing. Any good or bad reports on the EGO landing nets. Looking at the large one that the handle extends from 29″ to 60″. Thanks for any input in advance.

fishingdad

Have you looked into just replacing the hoop on your net? I did this a couple of years ago and saved some bucks over buying a new net.

marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Have you looked into just replacing the hoop on your net? I did this a couple of years ago and saved some bucks over buying a new net.

I looked on the Frabill website and didn’t see replacment hoops. Where do you get them from?

hunter1723

I have an ego net. I bought one right away when they came out. They had a problem with the pole sliding out and extending right away. Myne broke and I took it back to fleet farm and it broke 3 weeks after that. Fleet farm would no longer do anything so I then called the company. They said that I had the old handle and send me the new one without me ever having to send the old one in. They really got it dialed in now. I have had it for over a year and it works great. I just wish it had a little bit larger hoop for the net, I got a hard time getting the fish I catch to fit in it. otherwise it is a great product.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I have the larger ego as well and love it! works great, best net I’ve owned

692fisherman
    champlin mn

i love my ego…..

call frabill, a hoop for my muskie net was only 12$

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Glad to hear they fixed the issue. I bought one last year and used it most of the season before it broke. I threw it away and won’t look back. $79.99 is too much to spend on something I can’t depend on. Frabil or Beckman for me. I know they work as advertised.

zooks

Quote:

I looked on the Frabill website and didn’t see replacment hoops. Where do you get them from?

Unless they’ve changed since being bought by Plano, you can call Frabill directly and they’ll take the order and credit card # over the phone – I got a replacement handle for my net a couple years back, had it at my door in under a week. From their website: 800-558-1005

Have heard very good reviews about EGO nets, have not used one but they look pretty cool to me. Hope this helps, good luck.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That EGO was very cool to use. I was just mentioning that I missed Crossin Eyes EGO when fishing with him Sat but if they are not built to last then forget it. My vote goes to Beckman.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Funny there’s a EGO net post as I was just searching Cabela’s/Gander for a replacement net for my EGO net. I only use a net when Walleye fishing so it doesn’t get used much, I went to get it the other day and it had SEVERAL rot holes in it…what’s up with that? I could literally pull the netting apart! The net has spent most of it’s life hooked on a nail on the back of our boathouse door, so it’s not sun rot..

Anybody else have rot issues with their EGO net?

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

I am on my 2nd net and third handle. The last handle the company sent me says twice as strong but it looks the same to me. I have one for sale if any one is interested. Bought a Frabill.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

I have 1 in my garage I’m not impressed ,I bought a Beckman it’s much better.
    Stan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.