Jon Boat Mounting Track

• ltharley
    SE Wisconsin

I am looking for some help in finding any mounting hardware that will fit the track that runs the length of the gunnels of my new Crestliner 1650 deluxe jon. The track looks to be a little over a half inch or so in height inside with a 5/16 slot opening. Nothing is offered by the dealer and I’m not finding anything online either. Any insights would be appreciated.

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

This is kind of red neck, but with mine I used lag bolts. I would grind off the head on two sides to make them into a “T” shape. You then put them into the track sideways and rotate them 90 degrees. This is how I mounted all my rod holder bases and cleats. If I didn’t explain it well enough let me know and I’ll try to post some pictures.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

If it is like the Lowe boats somewhere on the track is a round cutout. This is made so a 1/4 inch carriage bolt can be inserted and slid down the track system to where it is needed. You can mount any accessories using these carriage bolts.

milemark_714

Quote:

This is kind of red neck, but with mine I used lag bolts. I would grind off the head on two sides to make them into a “T” shape. You then put them into the track sideways and rotate them 90 degrees. This is how I mounted all my rod holder bases and cleats. If I didn’t explain it well enough let me know and I’ll try to post some pictures.

Not redneck,but fully functional.I did the same with mounting accessories.5/16-18 lag bolts did the trick.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

You can buy the oval headed ones at some woodworking places. Rockler, maybe.

ltharley
    SE Wisconsin

My Crestliner is the exact same boat as the Lowe 1650. The rail does not have an access point like you describe. I’m guessing I might have to drill or dremel a opening. What size bolt did you use? 1/4 or 5/16. Does the bolt lock in place ok or does it spin? Do carriage bolts lock into the opening?

I was really hoping to find some manufactured products. I want to mount rod holders and electronics. Seems odd that several boat builders have these tracks, yet no one is making accessories.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

I am glad this subject was brought up. I am in the same boat (so to speak) with the track system on my boat. I have a War Eagle with a similar track system and was wondering how I could go about mounting some rod holders using the track. War Eagle does make a variety of accessories that are made to mount in the track system but they are expensive and the rod holders they offer are barely better than a forked stick. Anyhow, I plan on going with the carriage bolt idea with mounting some rod holders but before I do, I would appreciate seeing some pics on how others have gone about mounting rod holders etc to their track system. If you can’t post pics then which mounts did you use ? Since it seems most mounts have 4 bolt holes for mounting are two bolts enough to securely fasten a rod holder to the track?
    Thanks for any input.

ltharley
    SE Wisconsin

I found a post on In Depth Outdoors and then spoke with a local dealer that sells a product by Trax Tech. Uses a T-Bolt system. It looks like there stuff would work, but it is really pricey to outfit a boat. Seems to target charter boats more than a tin boat guy.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

War Eagle doesn’t offer what I am looking for. I did contact the company and asked about buying a section of their T bar (for lack of the proper term) which is the base they mount their accessories on but they don’t offer that as an option. I really don’t want to drill holes in the side of the boat if I don’t have to but it may come to that.

ltharley
    SE Wisconsin

The products from War Eagle look like they would fit, but not what I want. I want to mount a set of good quality rod holders, like Ram or Scotty. The War Eagle cup holder looks like it could hold my body weight. Little overkill.

ltharley
    SE Wisconsin

Lenny,
    I tried the 1/4″ carriage bolts and they do not lock in place. The slot is too large and the bolt spins when I try to tighten. Any ideas?

Jason Beaulieu

Take a look at the duck blind brackets (war eagle accessory), you can use them for mounting your rod holders and smaller electronics.

The T-bolts work with War Eagle accessories because the accessory itself has a small channel so when the head is turned (so it can’t fall out the track) the accessory channel holds it from spinning when you tighten the wing nut itself.

Attachments:
    1. 20170511_163435.jpg

2. 20170511_163430.jpg

Jason Beaulieu

One more picture…. The plus side is you can take them on and off pretty quickly as well.

Attachments:
    1. 20170511_163456.jpg

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

I have Folbe rod holders mounted on the Phischon TrackStar brackets on my War Eagle Jon. I do a lot of trolling and am very happy with the brackets. I did have to drill an access hole in the track on my boat for the carriage bolt heads but it wasn’t a big deal.

Will Peebles

I know this is an old thread but I figured its worth a shot. I bought some WE track mounted cup holders to install on my Lowe 1756. The track system and bolts fit just fine but the cup holder itself is angled up at a 45 to where it is not functional. Has anyone else run into this problem/ Found a solution/ Found another brand of track mounted cup holders that work for Lowe boats?

Attachments:
    1. cupholder-scaled.jpg

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Look at accessories for the Lund 45 degree Sport Track.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.