SAVE MILLE LACS SPORT FISHING

• PB2

Quote:

this shell game the DNR is playing,

the shell game?

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

T T T

steve-fellegy

T T T

Note the donation “tally” on the “donate” page. Join the cause–we are getting there! $50K is the goal and needed amount to get this to court and meet the goals–end the netting.

Thanks!

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Steve, thanks for keeping this in front of us!

Everybody who puts a line in Mille Lacs (or if you think about it for a moment, every sportsman and woman) has a dog in this fight. Frankly it is a contest where we can’t come in 2nd.

PB2

Are the Native’s going to be able “ice wise” to Net this season?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Are the Native’s going to be able “ice wise” to Net this season?

I heard that last week they applied for permits to net under the ice… and yes, they can net all summer & fall if they want.

PB2

Ok, I thought I heard they had to be out of there by the Minnesota state walleye opener.

steve-fellegy

Quote:

Steve, thanks for keeping this in front of us!

Everybody who puts a line in Mille Lacs (or if you think about it for a moment, every sportsman and woman) has a dog in this fight. Frankly it is a contest where we can’t come in 2nd.

http://www.savemillelacssportfishing.org/donate

steve-fellegy

Quote:

Ok, I thought I heard they had to be out of there by the Minnesota state walleye opener.

This report seems to end the speculation regarding the “if” the netters will be on lake the after the Opener.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdoors/205898131.html

Here is your chance to help— and be a part of making a difference. Nothing can or will be done until this effort is funded.

http://www.savemillelacssportfishing.org

steve-fellegy

GLIFWC trucks (U.S. Government plates) are on the scene today. I suspect they are going to net whatever open water they can find. Malmo is the most open now. North Garrison has some open water too. See what happens tonight…

Mille Lacs Band has netted about 1500 lbs. so far.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

And those fish are going to feed families that would otherwise starve or face extreme hardship, right?

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Quote:

GLIFWC trucks (U.S. Government plates) are on the scene today. I suspect they are going to net whatever open water they can find. Malmo is the most open now. North Garrison has some open water too. See what happens tonight…

according to the story you linked, they only had 116# by may 3rd. I highly doubt they got over 1000# in less than a week since that story was printed. exaggerations fuel flames of hatred

steve-fellegy

Quote:

Quote:

according to the story you linked, they only had 116# by may 3rd. I highly doubt they got over 1000# in less than a week since that story was printed. exaggerations fuel flames of hatred

Please call the Mn. DNR fisheries offcie in Aiktin to verify my “exaggeration”. Call GLIFWC, ask for Sue Erickson, and ask her if my numbers are accurate. FYI-Outdoor News ( came out yesterday)is reporting the same.

I hate no one. Nor fueling any hate. I am trying to save a lake…

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

I finally took the time and read through what you are fighting for Mr.Fellegy, and I must say I commend your spirit and passion in doing so. I don’t fish Mille Lacs but it affects us all and more importantly the fishery.

Mission statement:
    Our fight is NOT with American Indians. It is with the U.S. Government.

In the short term, our intent is to put an end to exclusive rights that the U.S. Government allows Native Americans to exercise at Lake Mille Lacs, Minnesota and, ultimately, all over the entire nation. Our effort is based on the fact that all United States citizens are born equal, no matter of skin color nor ethnic origin and that all should enjoy their citizenry and natural resources equally.

In the long term, nationwide, our mission is to expose the flaws and failures within exclusive U.S. Native American Sovereignty. We want to force the U.S. Government into creating a new, modern day solution to Native American issues and by doing so, create better lives for Native Americans. We feel the exclusiveness allowed Native Americans within the U.S. has failed them and is, ultimately, out of control. Our mission is to force the U.S. Government into bringing ALL U.S. citizens together as equal citizens, based on ethnic origin and skin color–NOT excluding Native Americans. Our mission is to see Native Americans living within the SAME rules and regulations, without exception, as ALL U.S. citizens, nationwide, are mandated by the Constitution of the United States. So in the end, ALL of us, simply, get along without alienating anyone, no matter their ethnic origin or skin color.

Palerider77

Bump. Donation sent. Keep up the good work Steve!

steve-fellegy

Quote:

Bump. Donation sent. Keep up the good work Steve!

Thank you.

We are working very hard to change this mess. We truly need ALL Mille Lacs fans and concerned anglers to put at least, if not more, the value of a pound of leeches or 8 gallons of gas etc. toward this effort.

On an average weekend, hundreds of boats fish Lake Mille Lacs. Most have 2-3 anglers in them. If most or all of these anglers put $25 or more into this, our case could be filed ASAP. Why wouldn’t that be a good investment for everyone who fishes the lake or is concerned about the future of other lakes?

Please go here and get it done.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

So Mille Lacs is the only Lake in the U.S. that allows netting during spawning season?

steve-fellegy

Quote:

So Mille Lacs is the only Lake in the U.S. that allows netting during spawning season?

Yes–and not only that, Mille Lacs is the only other lake in the states that allows gill-netting walleyes at a commercial level–except at the Red Lake operation in northern Mn. And even at Red Lake, there is no spawning season netting going on–legally.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

You can only do so much on your own, I support your cause and will donate more when I can. I think you need more publicity in other states and the responsible fishing communities are not aware of this because it’s not their backyard. Wish you the best and keep us posted.

steve-fellegy

So much for no netting after the opener! Gill-nets in the NW side of the lake last night filled many tubs full of all sizes of walleyes. This group was from “Bad River” WI., picking nets around 10 am. today and loading them at the south Garrison access.

This will not go to court until it is funded!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

Quote:

So what I am getting out of this is that if you net the walleye, trophy bass and pike take over.

Hmmm………

What I get out of it is this. If you want a balanced, healthy, sustainable sport fishery, stop the netting.

-J.

X2

Let ALL People fish and take according to the same set of Rules.

Just read the Bill of Rights,
    Read the Bill of Rights:

Amendment I (1): Freedom of religion, speech, and the press; rights of assembly and petition
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II (2): Right to bear arms
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III (3): Housing of soldiers
    No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV (4): Search and arrest warrants
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V (5): Rights in criminal cases
    No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb, nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

Amendment VI (6): Rights to a fair trial
    In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed; which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII (7): Rights in civil cases
    In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII (8): Bails, fines, and punishments
    Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX (9): Rights retained by the people
    The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X (10): Powers retained by the states and the people
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Constitution & Bill of Rights

Equal Rights for ALL, NOT Special Rights for any group!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Because some people have different hunting and fishing “rights” soley based on the color of their skin.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

huh? How does the Bill of Rights apply to this issue?

It has to stop. It applies because of what it means… at one time, segregation was a part of the United States, that was wrong and therefore eliminated. At present time, because of the color of ones skin, or moreover, if they are 1/16 native American (hard to even tell if one is of Native descent) they have special rights that are not afforded to all others. If the States and people are truely to be UNITED, then you cannot have a Bill of Rights or Constitution, that is only administered when it benefits you.

steve-fellegy

Gill-nets are stretched from Doc’s Resort all the way west to the Wealthwood access this morning–from last night.

“targeting perch” with the same mesh size. LOL

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.