Clam X4 TC

• joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Anybody else buy one of these shantys this year? Are you dissappointed with it as much as me? For the cost of over $900 dont you think it should set itself up!? The poles always fall apart instead of gone in the slot where they belong and the cheap self tapping screws on the roof poles are a joke. gonna have to modify a few things i guess and only used it 3 times. If it was easy to ship back to Clam it would of already been done. O well stuck with it now. Should of bought a Frabill or an Otter!

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

It’s Clam… doesn’t surprise me…

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Bought a shack from them, went back the next day after 1 outing. Bought their Ice Armor Extreme gloves, they started leaking and then started making ice in my gloves. They were supposed to be “waterproof”. Bought countless other accessories, and all went to the trash after a few weeks of use. I stay clear from that brand after all the bad experiences of the quality. Although, they do have pretty swell customer service…

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

After running an otter lodge for a few years I bought a Clam Kenai last year since I started fishing solo more. Lets just say after 1 month of use I agree with you and then some. It was way more work to get and replace a new tarp than it was worth. I had already replaced the stock hardware during assembly.
    Never again. Otter from here on out.
    You get what you pay for.

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I’ve heard very few good comments about Clam houses. I have an Otter Cabin II (1998) and it’s been like a Timex watch, it just keeps on ticking. Unfortunately that doesn’t bode well for me since the wife keeps asking why I think I need a new Otter Pro XT900 Lodge. Thought about asking why she needs a new pair of shoes, been then thought I’d be sleeping in the Otter.

I can’t say enough good things about my Otter.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

Anybody else buy one of these shantys this year? Are you dissappointed with it as much as me? For the cost of over $900 dont you think it should set itself up!? The poles always fall apart instead of gone in the slot where they belong and the cheap self tapping screws on the roof poles are a joke. gonna have to modify a few things i guess and only used it 3 times. If it was easy to ship back to Clam it would of already been done. O well stuck with it now. Should of bought a Frabill or an Otter!

Joe,
    It won’t help you with you’re problems, but the other brands have the same issues. Self-tapping screws work their way out, screws fall out of the seat, canvas and covers aren’t as good as they used to be.

Its frustrating to see all of these shortfalls with the prices these companies charge.

Burr

Not what I expected to hear about the Clam. I have had an X2 for several years now – it’s been completely problem free. It’s been used a lot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.