Foxpro Firestorm Caller

• deertracker

I think I determined that I’m going to buy this caller. You can order it with 50 pre-programmed calls found under this link:
    http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/foxpro-firestorm-sound-list/

or you can pick what 50 you want out of this link:
    http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/foxpro-sounds-preview/

I’m new to this whole predator thing. Are the calls I need covered under the factory link or should I go off of the pick and choose link?
    DT

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I personally like to pick. I would rather have variations of a rabbit and omit the factory calls I would never use

deertracker

If you have time would you mind replying with some of the call codes that you use the most?
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I see them using Mad Jack(I think) on the show a lot.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

If you can wait a couple days, I’ll get you the list from mine.

Shoot me your email address as well. Santa may come early

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

DT I’d go the pick your own route. There’s way too much crap you’ll never use on the pre loaded call. I mean unless you have a sudden outbreak of mountain lions out your way.

Dont short on the bird sounds. Ive had great luck with woodpecker and other bird sounds.

Also prey sounds like snowshoe hare work even if you dont have any near.

Grouse

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The question comes up a lot when I’m doing seminars on why have so many varieties of rabbit or “the same” call. Key is the pitch or tone. Just like using a plastic call vs a wood call. The different pitch carries differently. Grouse hit this perfectly with the snowshoe hare. The tone is different even though it’s similar. Those are the details that make the difference some days

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Guys have even recorded there baby crying and have called in Yotes. Yotes pickup on the distress in the sounds which means meal time. Some times thinking out of the box works the best especially since Predator hunting is getting so popular.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.