fisherman's wharf?

• tapout

Heading up this Friday to fish out of their taking the wheelhouse wife and two young boys any pointers in water depth or were to start looking been a lot of years sense I’ve fished this lake.thanks

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I would find some structure to fish by, There are lots out of there but most will have houses on them, try to find a spot away from everyone. My2 cents

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

You will be able to go anywhere you want with the amount of snow we have. Find some smaller humps away from the masses if you can. don’t be afraid to move daily or even for the afternoon hours then back to some nite bite spots for night and morning if that is possible. deep 20’s low 30’s for daytime.

tapout

Thanks guys in thinking that big gravel flat just east of 4 mile reef looks like a good spot to start.

WW spaniels

Deep water is also good at night! I’ve been fishing the Big Point area this year and have been doing very well in deep water (over 30 feet). Lots of little ones during “prime time” and the bigger fish seem to move in around 7 pm and into the over night. Bigger rainbows have also worked better than fatheads. The best thing you can do is get away from the crowds. Set up on the deep edge of the structure away from people. If you can find an inside turn or point on the structure plop down and wait it out with the family.

tapout

Thanks for some great info guys I know this lake can be tough. I’ll post how I did sunday

tapout

First fish of the the day 27 1/2 both boys got a chance to fight it a bit. Caught seven total for the day no keepers. Awesome day family had a blast

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20150123_151409982.jpg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Great pic! Congrats.

-J.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.