Fiberglass multi-species…??

• Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Been on the hunt for a nice deep v walleye boat for a while and would love some input from all of you! Currently on the watch for a nice deep v boat.

It doesn’t help that the wife and I have spent the past few days in the hospital awaiting the arrival of our little boy. He finally made his appearance last night and I have a little downtime ) I think I have seen every boat on craigslist….. Twice.

A little search criteria…

– must fit in a 20′ garage…. And if it doesn’t it better be a sweeeeet rig warranting the rental of a storage unit!

– big enough to pull a tube – the wife’s only requirement

– I want a four stroke (not a deal breaker)…. 75 hp +

– Preferably 84″ wide or greater

What are my options? Would like a good used, well taken care of boat. Looked very hard at the older Skeeter/stratos models and while most are out of my price range I have seen a few that are in the ball park. Would have a hard time dumping more than about $15k on the package.

Looking forward to hear all input and suggestions!

P.S. A dream boat would be an early 2000s Ranger 620VS (storage unit!)… But probably not an option given my pricing preference . Also, most of my fishing is done here in south west Iowa on no wake lakes (Brushy Creek… Big Creek — however would be looking for something capable of tackling some larger water up (Clear Lake) and a trip or two up north per year.

I am also not against a solid aluminum boat if the layout was right! And let’s be honest… I’ve never seen the wife tube in my life !!

FryDog62

Here’s a potential from muskiefirst:

2008 Tuffy 1760 GC
    2008 model, purchased in November of ’08, not used until 2009.
    Very low hours. 2 weeks of vacation every year, that’s it.
    115 Mercury Optimax w/ 4 blade stainless prop.
    Lowrance electronics on the console and the bow.
    4 stainless steel rails and rod holders.
    Minn-Kota trolling motor.
    Rear casting deck with tons of storage.
    Cherry Jewel/Gunmetal
    $17,500.00
    414-419-7990
    Ask for Beaver

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Ranger 681 or updated version 618. All around great multi species boats.

-J.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I may be a little biased, but a nice Ranger 617 could be worth checking out, although there are not many out there to be had

Paulski

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

@walleyeworld At Skeeter Boat Center – Chippewa Falls, WI we have a used 2000 Skeeter 1775 which is a single console with a 150 Yamaha Vmax HPDI motor. Has trolling motor, electronics and the works. We just finished up going through the whole boat and motor and making sure everything is up to par.
    We have that one actually below what you were looking for price range.

Let me know if this is something you may be interested in or want more info!

Skeeter Boat Center

715 829 2160

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.