Falcon Rods?

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I was impressed with a couple models of Falcon rods at ICAST and thinking about trying a few out for the remainder of the season. Just curious who uses them and your thoughts – Pros/Cons??

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I have a couple Falcons in one piece 6’6″ light action and they fish real nice. The tips load enough that I can cast a 1/32 jig/plastic pretty well on 4 pound mono in spite of the rods having a 1/16 ounce lower end rating. Even with mono I can feel the jigs ticking submerged wood of rock. I like mine.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

I have the low end rods.. and compared to their competitors at the time , which was the classic All star, they are mushy.. the feel is muted. soft.. I bought mine to replace my old Lews’ rods.. since they use the same (or did) rod action and length system.. I needed a crankbait rod.. I bought both the 4 and the 5 action seven foot rods.. I couldn’t use them.. both had poor feel.. I had to put a surface toad on them , to get my money’s worth.. something that I didn’t need precise feel with.. I understand that their upper rods are better.. but, comparing at the time.. to their closest competitor.. I didn’t like them.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Sorry Randy, but I mis-spoke as to the brand. The rods I referred to are Triumph rods, not Falcon rods.

mojogunter

I bought a falcon rod for my dad years ago. It was a very nice rod. My brother used it and broke the tip. My dad then cut the rod off at the next guide and thought he would use it like that. He never owned a quality rod before that, and he didn’t think twice about it. I called falcon and talked to the owner. He said send the rod to him and he would look at it and if it was our fault he would call and get a CC# and he would send a new rod for half price. I said great. 6 days later he got a new rod for no charge. I bought a couple more rods from them, but they started to focus on bass rods years later, so I haven’t bought anything now from them in years. They do make a quality rod with outstanding customer service and I don’t think you could go wrong with them. My dad died several years ago and I got the rods after he passed. I was long lining on ML a few years ago and hooked up with a big fish. As I pulled the rod out of the holder the fish made a big run and pulled the rod out of my hand and down it went. Never to be seen again. Sadly it was the first falcon rod I bought for my dad. I felt sick for days. Later that year I snagged a nice rod on pool 4 that had the person’s name on it, and I was able to return it to it’s owner. I always hoped good karma would come back my way and I would snag my dad’s rod at some point, but no luck at this point.

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

I have a couple Falcons in my rotation. One is a 6-7 “Weightless Worm Rod” and the other is their 6-5 Jerkbait Special. I use the WWR mainly for flukes,but it can do many things well. I use the JS for casting poppers and spooks. Both are in the Cara series. Good rods, and neither cost a fortune.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.