How to land a 140 fish…with teeth, without a net

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I think I would rather be on the tail end….

The set up…the line out alarm on the bank starts sounding…and doesn’t stop. We motor to the bank to pick up the rod and then move towards the “float” keeping slack in the line the whole time.

Then the float goes under…the three of us are all looking for the float…seconds seem like minutes…then it appears…right next to the boat!

Note to self…don’t talk so loud when running camera….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bump to top for a few luck dudes.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Well now that the cats out of the bag!

We leave tomorrow night – headed to Missouri river in Kansas for 4 days to fish blue cats! From there we are driving to Texas to fish with Kirk Kirkland for alligator gar! 3 days fishing alligator gar – might even sneak a 4th day in.

Didn’t want to jinx it! LOL Reports are that the blues are biting, conditions are ideal with many 50lbers being caught where we are headed.

Gar reports are very positive with a 225lber being caught this week as well as many over 100lbs!

James – you could have been there! Sorry you had a last minute project come up and can’t make it – I will be sure to tease you with many videos and pictures )

Bk – seems your more excited then I am already! Trying not to think about it so I can sleep at night tonight.

I will start a new thread with our first blue.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bk – seems your more excited then I am already! Trying not to think about it so I can sleep at night tonight.

OH YEAH!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Updated.

The Yankees down in TX landed a 50 pound gar and a….drum roll….200 pound Alligator Gar so far.

Looking forward to pics and videos when you guys get back!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James – you could have been there! Sorry you had a last minute project come up and can’t make it – I will be sure to tease you with many videos and pictures )

Thanks for the invite. It wasn’t easy to have to sit this one out but in the end it was the right thing to do. Give ’em heck down there! I know I’m looking forward to the report and photos upon your return.

Safe travels!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sounds like the Tx crew hooked into a 6 footer yesterday!

Can’t wait for the report w/video!!

mr-special
    MPLS

Sounds like the Tx crew hooked into a 6 footer yesterday!

Hey there now, its the Yankee crew, just happens that they are kicking butt dwn in TX lol

i love waking up to texts of MUNDO fish every morning tho
    god im jealous

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.