A TRUE RIVER MONSTER!!! 11/14/12

• yummymuskie
    A River.

Quote:

If you want to get technical it was actually over 77″ because of the fact that we didn’t take the time to try and straighten it out and pinch the tail. We were more concerned about getting the fish back in the water. The fish was incredible. You don’t have to believe it for it to be fact. There were plenty of witnesses.

typical fish tale they keep getting bigger and bigger, that must have taken a few hours to land on light tackle.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I appreciate the photo and story. Thanks for sharing!

buschman
    Pool 2

Here you go guys. Just please dont think you can go out there to target these boys on the ice.
    67×30 and as much meat as you can bring through a 10″ hole. this was under 7 inches of ice. Much more ice and would be half impossable to get the head turned. Had to reach down and help guide the fish up. It was light out when I hooked it and took around 2 hours/ 3 beers to get to the top and had me spooled twice. To be honest I have never been so wooped after catching a fish. If this had happened to me any other night I would never been able to measure it. I run an 8″ auger but we had a group of us going out so took just the one auger (buddy’s 10″) to save on weight. Good thing
    I caught it on 10/2 power pro and walleye sweetheart rod. After this fish I use nothing else for line and will be hard pressed to even try something else.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s freaking NUTZ! Joe!!

If it was anyone but you posting that picture I would be a little skeptical with half a frown on my face.

Knowing how you fish, take care of your fish, all I can say is…

FREAKING NICE FISH!!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Hard to believe it will fit thru a 10″ hole. But it will. 10″ hole has a 31″ girth!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Hard to believe it will fit thru a 10″ hole. But it will. 10″ hole has a 31″ girth!

Good job! Your pi is in the mail.

nick-nutter

Bushman … I saw that picture several months ago …. Heard the same story, only I was told the other angler was the one who caught it?? Can you expand on that? Beautiful fish!!! I’d move to find one of those on the Croix next fall!!!

buschman
    Pool 2

Quote:

Bushman … I saw that picture several months ago …. Heard the same story, only I was told the other angler was the one who caught it?? Can you expand on that? Beautiful fish!!! I’d move to find one of those on the Croix next fall!!!

Nick, I believe that question is answered in my post

yummymuskie
    A River.

Quote:

i fish out there once in a while maybe ill run into ya.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I think you guys are just holding that fish out to make it look bigger.

nick-nutter

Quote:

Nick, I believe that question is answered in my post

Roger that … I read your post correctly, I just wasn’t sure who to believe – you, or your co-angler in the picture. When Blake sent me that picture this summer I was told he caught it lol. Tip of the hat for getting that girthy gal on the ice … Your arms must’ve been dead for days!

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Pretty sure that 77″ fish was caught again today. It grew 2 inches in girth.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

So do the BIG gals only bite in November!

This thread was started in 2012 for you folks just tuning in.
    Hopefully Scott will stop in and share.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.