Brief Hiatus

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

My Mom took out some old drawings of my siblings and I recently and reinforced my conviction, since I can remember I’ve loved fishing. Whether it was GI Joe simultaneously shooting down a MIG while casting out a spoon, or a drawing of Godzilla attacking a city with the rescue boats trolling in the background, its held a special place in my heart.

Fast forward 20 yrs, a wife, 3 kids, house, work, I lost my passion. Few years back it started to find its way again after life calmed down a bit, and with finding IDO to share in it, and the help of EVERY member on here, its fully reclaimed its place in who I am. And for this very reason I must take a short break.

The majority of last year I’ve worked 7 days a week, with weekends being the worst in 20-30 hrs in just those alone, being my own siders let’s say. With Mom getting laid off, and the joy she has now being home, and the happiness it brings me knowing she’s always there, I’ve had to work a tad more to supplement going from over 6 figures to half. And is completely worth it. But its not sustainable.

Since working hard has brought not much more than a sore back and distance between me and the FAM, it needs to change. I have much work to do to be fully ready for when I start my own thing in the new year, and as much as I love the heavy posting I can do here, it’s not helping in getting my other stuff done.

The ultimate goal is obviously just more time for the FAM, but also myself to be able to do what I love to do, fish!!!!!!

Every book I’ve read on goals say to announce your plans to those you respect, and I’ve come to do that with IDO, so hold me to it. And hopefully if not next year, but the year after you can start to see my name on all the tourney boards, and I can get back to enjoying all the spam eating, beaver sexing minnows, winter flathead AIS posts, oh and all the good stuff too grin again.

Thank you IDO for all that you are, James you have a hell of a site and keep doing what you do BC this site rocks peace

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Best wishes in those endeavors! Take care of what needs caring for and we’ll find you on the flip-flop someday soon.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Do what you need to do Nick. We aren’t going to give away your account.

Just write down the login and password eh?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Will do Brian, although I am going to change the silly nhamm to my name, starting in those “other” sites a guy didn’t neccessarly want to give out a real name whistling

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Stay safe man and we’ll see you on the other side of your hiatus!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Best of luck! I’ve enjoyed your banter and look forward to your return. What is your plan (if you don’t mind sharing)?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

PM sent Ryan. wave

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Congrats on deciding to make a change. I did that a while ago and still working at it. I do not fish as much as I used to but I spend a lot of time with my young family. I hope it was not a life changing sudden accident or death in your family for you to decide to make a change. For over a year I worked 7 days a week average of 11-12 hours per day with some days over 16 hours. I could never do it again. I am once again self employed happier than ever and work hard and some long days but I never keep track of hours to prove my work, only tracking my business. Sometimes we stretch ourselves to thin and am not there for our next generation and that is where we need to be.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I hope it was not a life changing sudden accident or death in your family for you to decide to make a change

Fortunately, no. Its good to hear that you’ve succeeded in your endevear, that’s what this guy wants.
    Well that and a new MX1825 woot with the FAM going full throttle.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Hey Nick, I know where you’re coming from brother… The past two years have seen me get married, move twice, prepare one house for rental and another for sale, become a landlord, and we had our first son [who literally did not sleep … The 1st time I wasn’t in his room at least once between midnight and 6 AM wasn’t until he was 14 months]

After we decided to move this summer my boat never left the garage from June 6th until I brought it in to be winterized 2 weeks ago. With no time to prepare this Fall I didn’t get a deer for the 1st time in 15 yrs… Heck, I didn’t even release an arrow or fire at shot other than target practice. Yes, it’s been difficult not being able to put the effort into the outdoors that I thrive off of, but it was totally worth it and interacting with everyone here on IDO has been a big part of what helped to keep me (mostly) sane during this transition period in life.

Best wishes to you as you work to get your business off the ground and I sincerely hope you’ll at least be able to check back in once in a while to keep us updated on your business in exchange for us helping to keep you from going crazy while not on the water!

Will

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

The tourney trail is calling me. To do that needs lots of time, money and commitment. Putting the family stuff aside, thats a big factor for me as well. It obviously takes lots of stuff I currently do not have. It will change in this year, and hopefully next if all goes to plan, hah , I’ll be ready two summers from now. That’s what my cross hairs are on right now.

Thank you everybody and definitely wl be checking in, over and out toast

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.