Bob Moore – From Moore's Bait and Tackle

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Passed on this morning due to cancer.

I have a lot to say about this truly great man, but I’ll wait until later.

Rest in God’s Peace Bob.

Attachments:
    1. 2006Photo7.jpg

2. 2006Photo6.jpg

3. 2006Photo5W.jpg

4. brianksworld_1270681230_Moore_hiedi_1.jpg

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

This is sad news. Bob was one of the good ones for sure. Such a nice guy when visiting his store. RIP Bob Moore.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

ok I thought I was holding it together pretty good until this post. I guess I’ll wipe my eye’s and go for a walk. Although we met and fished only a relatively few times, I felt close to Bob. I fished with him both right before his surgery and after. It was so amazing to see him recover from barely able to walk up the shore to able to do anything with new lungs. This is truly heart breaking.

Rest in peace dear friend. I’m sure your loved ones greeted you in heaven with, “How we doing today Bob”, his signature greeting every time I set foot in the bait shop.

Just remember, heaven is catch and release only, so you’ll fit in well.

Attachments:
    1. 20120726_075416.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bob asked me once “why when people come into the store and take the cover off the stink bait, do they have to take it off the second time? I doesn’t get any better!”. LOL

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Rest in piece and tight lines Bob.

mr-special
    MPLS

he was a great person and i guess heaven wanted another angel.
    Rest In Peace
    Bob

plz let us know info on services

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Bob asked me once “why when people come into the store and take the cover off the stink bait, do they have to take it off the second time? I doesn’t get any better!”. LOL

Bob really did love that! He got a big kick out of it. I missed him after he closed up shop. He really took care of the needs. I still use some hooks he threw in for me and told me to try em. Top notch guy.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

So sad, many fond memories of Bob and hanging out in his shop. I sure had a lot of fun fishing his catfish contests and in a way some of the things I do now are a direct carryover of what he and Dave started in the Metro.

RIP Bob

Attachments:
    1. 521656-BobMoore22.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

If you knew Bob, that video was him.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That is a tear jerker. “How we doing today Pug” has been echoing in my head all day long. (

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Here is part of the obituary I helped edit for his wife. I do this with some reservation, because I know Bob was a humble man. He was on the site often, lurking, because he would pm me occasionally. I am sure he’s objecting in his quiet way in heaven as I paste thus.

Bob was an avid catch and release fisherman who loved fishing all the metro city lakes. He was willing to show anyone how to fish, whether it was open water or ice fishing. As the owner of the successful Moore’s Bait and Tackle shop in south Minneapolis for 5 years, customers loved coming in for live bait, showing him what they caught or just to come in and shoot the breeze and have a cup of coffee. He would greet his loyal customers with “How are we doing today” and not only formed friendships with some of them, he would also introduce people who were only familiar with each other on the local fishing websites, who would in turn become friends.

His health started failing him in September 2010. In November of 2011 he received a double lung transplant and after a remarkable recovery, was able to do a 26 mile bike ride. The following 2 years he supported the kidney foundation with walks and then it was back to his favorite sport fishing. Whether it was musky fishing at Nokomis in the fall, crappie fishing at Lake Crystal or just having his reel and rod and his Alumacraft at any metro lake, it was a great day for him. He was the kinda guy who was willing to fight and beat his illnesses until he succumb to esophagus cancer, and even though he knew it was going to be an uphill battle, he was fighting all the way.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Very sorry to hear about this. Met Bob only once, back when he was sponsoring Walleye tournaments on Pool 2. We had a nice chat.

And as a survivor, I can’t begin to say how much I hate cancer.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

That is a tear jerker. “How we doing today Pug” has been echoing in my head all day long. (

Yeah, Bob always greeted me by IDO screen name. “Where ya catfishing today Dfresh?”

Best bait shop there ever was. Was great when I lived in South Minneapolis, and I’d make the trips down there on days off work after I moved up to Fridley.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I think that’s why his bait shop was so successful. He formed relationships with people and asked nothing in return. People including myself would make the trip to see Bob even when they didn’t want anything.

Remember the out rage when his bait shop was broken into?

By reading the posts on this site it seemed that it was an attack on each member here.

…and you are very right Pug. Breathless wouldn’t like the publicity. (thanks for doing that)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

From Meg Moore:

The memorial service is Monday Oct 6 at 11:00 with one hour visitation before.

I’m having another visitation Sunday Oct 5 from 1-3 both are at Morris Nielson on 67th and Portland Ave.

In lieu of flowers he wanted memorials to go to Woodlake nature center in Richfield, MN

It’s a casual affair and Moore’s Bait and Tackle logo wear is completely acceptable dress.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Sad. Bob was a keeper, that’s for sure.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Rest in peace Bob

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If anyone has high quality images of Bob, please forward them to me so I can pass them along to Meg.

mplspug|||
    gmail
    dotcom

Hopefully you can figure that out. Just “muddling” the address up to avoid screen scraping spammers.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Sad News for sure.

I had a few nice talks with Bob and you guys are right, he was a very nice guy willing to help out anyone.

Good Bye Bob!

Ron

I guess it might be time to retire the Moore’s Bait and Tackle towel in my boat.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.