Another Marcum replacement arm option

• Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

I ordered one of these long before I knew about, and possibly before, Shane started to offer his great looking arms.

John Kinsman is an outstanding person who will stand behind his product. I paid full price and have no affiliation with John and happen to report 100% satisfaction with his product.

Just thought I’d give other ice heads another option. Nothing better than a little competition to push the products into further and better innovation.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

let’s try attaching this pdf one more time.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

IDO mods – I’m trying to attach a 92.9 KB pdf. No go.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks – Kurt

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Maybe converted to MS Word will work. Fingers crossed.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Come on BK I’m starting to laugh uncontrollably.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Ain’t so funny from my end of the keyboard. ;)

More than likely something I’m doing incorrectly. Not sure if Safari is 100% compatible with the newly upgraded site.

I’ve sent BK a PM. I’m sure he’ll help out. He always has….

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

PDF and MS Word aren’t image file formats. Those are document formats. Our file upload system accepts jpg, gif and png.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

gotcha. here’s a jpg image. you’ll have to type in the youtube and FB links, if interested.

Attachments:
    1. Marcum-replacement-arm-price-list-and-contact-info.jpg

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Here’s a lil’ peak into the way John works. I wanted to verify he was still producing these before I posted.

Hi Kurt,

I am still manufacturing them. Right now we are just wrapping up the machining process. Then they are off for a quick surface etch before powder coating.
    We are going to start sales at the end of October this year. I have included a price list for this year .I am not sure if i had sent you out one or not.

The prices have not gone up except on the Showdown. The stock prices have been staying the same so that’s great news. Next year
    we hope to be introducing our transducer mount for the Humminbird Ice-55 model. I sent 5 transducer mounts out for field testing this winter. So with fingers crossed
    we hope everything proves out well. They will be used in fast paced run and gun tournaments. They call me crazy for having them tested that way. I say bring it on
    I want a product that will last a life time not fall apart in a season. If it does I will fix it or replace it free of charge depending on what happened to it. I mean if it got
    hit by a snowmobile doing 100 miles an hour and its in 81 pieces well that’s not going to be covered lol .

So that is where we stand at the moment . Thank you so much for interest and business.

John Kinsman

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

I seen those a couple years ago when i started making mine. I only found them on a few forums, and mainly from word of mouth. He didn’t have much of a presence in any of the forums, and I think that could be why alot of people have never heard of those. The powder coating on them looks really good. I don’t know if he lazers or waterjets them. Either way, its a good alternative to the factory plastic arms.

Also, thats how i found out about the showdown arms needing that goofy tapered edge on the back end, by looking at his product. I haven’t tried to pursue making them, altho i do know there is quite a demand for them. Seems like the showdown users are a little more aggressive with their equipment than us round dial guys….

I wonder if he is open to custom engraving? I think that has been a major key to my success with the replacement arms, that personal touch.

Thanks for sharing. I know some have asked if I could powder coat, but I don’t have the resources currently, and never gave it much thought till this season due to my polishing guy getting transferred.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Bringing this to the top.

Good fishing and be safe on the ice.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Shane is not making these anymore….he is working at a different job and does not have the equipment anymore…

buddah6

I just recieved one for my LX-7 from John Kinsman, he has a page on facebook called Master Craft fishing to order them from. Awesome quality and recieved mine within a few days of ordering.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.